HDR-FOX T2 as a NAS

4gb? Did you mean tb?
Otherwise that's a rip..

Personally I use a dedicated nas but that's because I want to keep the humax lightweight and dedicated to doing what it should be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the question... the HDR-FOX is a NAS: without CF it's just a media server, but with the CF you have full networking capability. What's the problem?

Don't slap down the Newbie enthusiasm! :disagree:

I was confused. Was the drive consuming another 22w on top of the 21w used by the T2? And can the T2 do RAID? Also bitorrent seems to be missing a t.

Don't slap down the Newbie enthusiasm! :disagree:
Who?

If the OP would kindly explain what he expects of the HDR-FOX to qualify as a NAS satisfying his requirements, I'm sure between us we can explain what to do. My HDRs are used as NASes (as far as I am concerned): they store files, and are accessible over the home network for reading and writing arbitrary files (via samba). They also have media server capability for specific media content, can be enhanced to serve a wider variety of media content (MediaTomb), and of course are able to acquire content from broadcast!

I was confused.
Past tense? Are we not still confused what the OP is driving at?

Update: minor corrections

Last edited:
Being confused in the past and in the present are not mutually exclusive. I have been confused about your agendum in the past, and still are. :whistling:

Hi Guys,
Is it possible to see other devices in my network using the HDR T2 so I can watch media from my NAS on the HDR? I have a separate Synology NAS that I keep all my files on. Currently if I want to watch anything on my T2 like a new downloaded movie, I have to copy it into the Movie folder on my Fox T2 from my NAS using a laptop to do this. Is there a work around program that allows me to see my NAS on my HDR? I hope this makes sense to you guys.

Regards
William

It's a web-if package, if it isn't installed already it should be listed on the "available" packages tab.
If you can't see it in the list you may need to turn "show development packages ..." On in settings/advanced.

It's a web-if package, if it isn't installed already it should be listed on the "available" packages tab.
If you can't see it in the list you may need to turn "show development packages ..." On in settings/advanced.

Just looked again. I have all of these packages installed. What do I need to do to get access to my NAS Files?

is there a work around for MKV files not playing over the DLNA network? Do I need to convert my files or is there a package that tackles this problem?

Back