• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

HDR-FOX T2 as an upscaler?

Hi all

I'm about to buy one of these but wondered if I plug my VCR / Laserdisc into the SCART will the T2 upscale the signal before outputting to the HDMI? (And is the SCART input RGB or only composite?)

Cheers

You can certainly record output from the T2 VCR Scart, but I don't think it accepts input. Never tried it.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
The SCART is not an input. The HD/HDR-FOX has no circuitry that would allow it to accept analogue video input.

The HDR-FOX is a Freeview/FreeviewHD receiver/recorder. The HD-FOX is a receiver (with recording capability as an add-on). As input they take a UHF aerial feed; as output they have a UHF pass-through, HDMI, SCART (selectable RGB/composite), phono (stereo audio + composite video), and TOS-link (digital audio by optical fibre). As a recorder they can only capture the incoming Freeview data.

All other data handling is purely digital.

HTH