HDR Fox T2 - bluetooth?

makem

Is there any way to have my Bluetooth keyboard input to YouTube search page?

Is there an alternative way to avoid using the remote?

I want to download some 74 episodes of a Chinese TV series Nothing Gold Can Stay. The only difference for each search is the episode number but the keyword (as far as I can see) cannot be edited. This means typing in the full title every time - fine with a keyboard but laborious with the remote.

If you use the webif Remote function does that send the correct codes to the You Tube Portal?
If so could you record a macro for the button pushes needed to enter the title?

As I had some keyboards knocking about (ZEN), I've had a quick play and the news is not good. IIRC, the old version of the TV Portal (firmware pre-3) used to accept USB keyboard input for limited functionality. I could get no such response from the new (3.xx) TV Portal.

A Bluetooth keyboard wouldn't work anyway - there's no Bluetooth capability in the HDR-FOX, even if you plugged in a Bluetooth USB dongle.

If you use the webif Remote function does that send the correct codes to the You Tube Portal?
If so could you record a macro for the button pushes needed to enter the title?

I believe the Remote Scheduling function can only access channels listed in the EPG. YouTube is a completely separate function is it now?

If it were possible, even though I know what and how a macro works, I not be able to write one in the near future by which time the files may not longer be available!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

As I had some keyboards knocking about (ZEN), I've had a quick play and the news is not good. IIRC, the old version of the TV Portal (firmware pre-3) used to accept USB keyboard input for limited functionality. I could get no such response from the new (3.xx) TV Portal.

A Bluetooth keyboard wouldn't work anyway - there's no Bluetooth capability in the HDR-FOX, even if you plugged in a Bluetooth USB dongle.

I have a USB wifi dongle and keyboard so will try that.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

Off to Rome to do as the Romans do tomorrow so will report back as and when.

I believe the Remote Scheduling function can only access channels listed in the EPG. YouTube is a completely separate function is it now?

If it were possible, even though I know what and how a macro works, I not be able to write one in the near future by which time the files may not longer be available!

Thanks for the suggestion though.
I am talking about the webif Remote control (install IR package) not Remote Scheduling
You can record a sequence of button presses, no programming required

I am talking about the webif Remote control (install IR package) not Remote Scheduling
You can record a sequence of button presses, no programming required

OH! silly me!

However, it would mean writing a macro which would not only enter the correct codes for the first file to be found, when found start playing and then wait until it is available to be saved, naming the file and repeating after changing the last digit until 74 is reached. Apart from not being able to write the code, the remaining problem would be deciding which file to play as some are repeated, incomplete and contain other words. To big a task in my opinion.

However, you have sparked my interest in a macro for using the IR package :)

What, you mean drive badly, make lots of noise and rip people off?

Bad experience eh?

I've driven in North Italy and have knowledge of local people. They probably drive progressively as I do, make less noise than Chinese, but do rip off tourists, as all over the world. ;-)

I have a USB wifi dongle and keyboard so will try that.
I've never heard of a wifi keyboard before - I presume you mean wireless rather than wifi. That should do the same as a USB keyboard (the wireless connection is a dedicated point-to-point link taking the place of the cable, and the dongle looks - to the host device - as if it were a real USB keyboard).

I've never heard of a wifi keyboard before - I presume you mean wireless rather than wifi. That should do the same as a USB keyboard (the wireless connection is a dedicated point-to-point link taking the place of the cable, and the dongle looks - to the host device - as if it were a real USB keyboard).

I stand corrected - not multitasking to well today. Will give it a go when I return if nobody has done it for me in the meantime.

makem - if you have an Android device you could use TubeMate (uptodown.com is a good place to download the apk). On the HDR-FOX, if you just type in the name of the show you want to record, Doesn't it then list individual episodes on the right of the screen? They may not be in number order though.

makem - if you have an Android device you could use TubeMate (uptodown.com is a good place to download the apk). On the HDR-FOX, if you just type in the name of the show you want to record, Doesn't it then list individual episodes on the right of the screen? They may not be in number order though.

Thanks I will give it a try but in a week.

makemOn the HDR-FOX, if you just type in the name of the show you want to record, Doesn't it then list individual episodes on the right of the screen? They may not be in number order though.
My experience with this is that the search results list headings don't have enough characters and he'll likely end up with a lot of "Nothing Gold Can St " or the like entries. The episode numbers at the far right are of course the first things to get cut :mad:

Bad experience eh?
Yeah, in several minor-ish ways...
The b@st@rd at a Vaporetto ticket seller in Venice wrong-changed me and I'd turned around and gone a couple of paces before I twigged. But I knew it was already too late.
'Guiseppe' in a restaurant tried to charge for a full bottle of wine which had been donated by the next table as they no longer wanted it when they left (and it was only about 1/4 full). He didn't get away with that one.
Mr. Smarm in the hotel wouldn't give the room that had been booked (he claimed they were full and it didn't say the room type on the booking - lies) and offered an alternative with inconvenient arrangements.
Then there were the lies on the information screens at the airport - making you go to the gate where there was very limited seating when they knew full well there was a 2+ hour delay.
Italy is a lovely country, ruined by Italians.

Found a few minutes to give TubeMate a try.

It is working well although all I have doe so far is to search for each file and queue it. I don't think it could be done any other way because some file are incomplete and fake. I am happy with this app though. It is downloading very fast via wifi and cable. I have used a spare microSD card (32 GB) although there is 45 GB of space left in the s8 internal memory.

Many thanks for that pointer MontysEvilTwin. It is a good way to get Chinese stuff for my wife when we are travelling. All I need now is for hotels to have tvs with HDMI input (or a tablet with HDMI input) then I could justify getting a DEX ;-)

Italy is a lovely country, ruined by Italians.

Love it lol!

I read up about those types of con many years ago. Experienced it in Prague last week but had been reminded by the receptionist to make sure the restaurant table was clear and nothing 'free' like bread put on there. I got caught on my travels but soon learned to avoid. I prebooked all tickets needed in Rome except for metro and bus/trams. 1.5 Euro for any length metro journey could work out steep. Don't like the 100 minute bus/tram journey tickets but that is common it seems. Luckily our hotel is with walking distance of a lot of the places.

Airports: always ask about toilets and seating on the way to the gate

I found Venice a disappointment and rather dirty. The drive in the nearby mountains was great though. Actually had REAL spagbol cooked by the wife of the mountain restaurant owner who we spent quite a while chatting with as we where the only customers.

Mine is devian.tubemate.v3 from uptodown.

Do you have immersv in your system and do you get adverts?

Back