HDR-Fox T2 crashing

telfian

This week we have had a few failed recordings where only the first part of a program has recorded. Looking at the diagnostics the crash log is showing frequent crashes over the last few days. Eight times today, 5 yesterday 3 the day before. All the failed recordings match the system crashes. As we normally watch TV via Freesat and only use the Humax for recording we have not seen these crashes as they happen.

I believe I am running CFW 1.03.12 although the system shows FHTCP 1.03.12 with a update date of 7th Feb 2014. I have downloaded and updated with the latest custom firmware file today but the system always shows the same firmware version and update date even though the update seems to run without problem. Is this correct and what might be causing the system crashes?

I believe I am running CFW 1.03.12 although the system shows FHTCP 1.03.12 with a update date of 7th Feb 2014. I have downloaded and updated with the latest custom firmware file today but the system always shows the same firmware version and update date even though the update seems to run without problem. Is this correct and what might be causing the system crashes?
The 'update date' is not the date the firmware was put onto your Humax, it is the date the firmware was released, The Custom version of a firmware package will display the same title and released date as the original, so there will be no different info. displayed when moving from say the official 1.03.12 to the Custom Firmware version of HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_2.22, this is done so that any potential OTA will not distinguish between an official and CFW version

Possible causes of crashing HERE

Thanks for info above. Don't have Twonky on my network. Problem is getting progressively worse in that it is crashing more frequently. Problem only started 6 days ago before that it was running fine and I have made no changes to the Hummy or my network in the meantime. Wondering whether a reformat of the hard disk may help but as there are a lot of saved recordings I am reluctant to try that on an off chance. May spend an evening transferring some to my PC first. Should I also try running Fix-disk?

If the crashing is due to a DLNA conflict, then temporarily turning off content sharing will stop the crashing, e.g. Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> Content Sharing = Off. If this fixes the problem, I would look for changes made to your network e.g. adding a NAS, turning on a DLNA server on a P.C. or router etc.

Crashes are usually caused by something else on your network sending packets that the Humax doesn't like, disk corruption or corruption of a single recording. The best first step is just to unplug your Humax's network cable and see if that resolves it. If not, reboot the Humax to diagnostics mode and run a disk check. If it is a particular recording that's causing it then getting access to the command line via telnet and watching the DLNA indexing activity in /tmp/humaxtv.log is usually the best way of finding it.

Thanks for the advice. Not had time to try anything today as family gathering for Easter but will spend some time on it tomorrow once everyone has gone home. It is not a particular recording that causes the problem and now it is happening more frequently I have seen it crash and reboot during playback. Also crash log has recorded some crashes when it was neither recording or playing back, just sitting there switched on.

Run for a few days now with no network connection and then with network re-connected - no more crashes. Although I said my network had not changed the crashes all happened while my son and family were visiting and they were connecting their mobile devices. They have done this previously without problem and the only difference this visit is that my daughter-in-law has changed her mobile phone from Samsung to LG. a bit of a long shot but maybe there is something running on the new phone that was not on the old.

Thanks for the help, I had not realised that crashes could be caused by network activity, if nothing else I shall simply unplug the network when they visit in future.

Back