HDR-Fox T2 Crashing

Keith_RAK

I'd appreciate any advice and help you can offer re my HDR-Fox T2 recorder which is playing up. The system still works well on all BBC and ITV channels, however if I try to use it to watch or record channels such Film 4 it consistently reboots itself after just a minute or so of being tuned to that channel.

Is this likely to be a hard drive problem? If it is I'll take the opportunity to replace the HDD with a Samsung M8 1Tb

On another topic, has a consensus emerged re newer Humax models such as the HDR 2000T? My impression, from reading reviews, is that they aren't as well regarded as the T2, Some users report issues regarding menus and the ability to copy and view files on a PC.

Last edited:
Is this likely to be a hard drive problem? If it is I'll take the opportunity to replace the HDD with a Samsung M8 1Tb
Possibly, but why would you do that? It's the wrong size and as far as I can see, not AV optimised. A Seagate Pipeline is one of the ones suggested here by 'the experts' here, as are some WD drives. I have a Seagate 2TB like THIS

Last edited:
Whoops, thanks the Seagate looks a good option. I presume that that the Seagate ST1000 VM002 pipleline HD 1000 would be OK too (sorry an't link to it, not enough posts yet!)

I'd appreciate any advice and help you can offer re my HDR-Fox T2 recorder which is playing up. The system still works well on all BBC and ITV channels, however if I try to use it to watch or record channels such Film 4 it consistently reboots itself after just a minute or so of being tuned to that channel.
Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

On another topic, has a consensus emerged re newer Humax models such as the HDR 2000T? My impression, from reading reviews, is that they aren't as well regarded as the T2, Some users report issues regarding menus and the ability to copy and view files on a PC.
There's plenty already written on the relevant section of this forum.

Bizarrely, my box has just started doing the exact same thing with Motors TV (Ch.71)
Other channels are fine (not tried every channel, but the main watched channels are OK) but the minute I switch to Motors TV... I get about 60 secs then it reboots.
When it comes back it seems to be in a cycle of OK for a few minutes.. then reboot.. no matter what the channel. The only fix is to pull the power for 30 secs.

There's plenty already written on the relevant section of this forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, I'll try working through those steps.

Will also take a look elsewhere on the forum for info/opinions on the newer models.

Bizarrely, my box has just started doing the exact same thing with Motors TV (Ch.71)
Other channels are fine (not tried every channel, but the main watched channels are OK) but the minute I switch to Motors TV... I get about 60 secs then it reboots.
When it comes back it seems to be in a cycle of OK for a few minutes.. then reboot.. no matter what the channel. The only fix is to pull the power for 30 secs.

Yes it's an odd problem. I'll also try pulling the power as you suggest.

I had a similar problem with it keep rebooting, mainly when I put QVC on I noticed it. The only way to get it out of the loop (powering on from anything for 30 seconds to 4 minutes or so) was to unplug and reboot. I put up with this for a few week until it got worse and wouldn't boot past the loading stage. It turned out that it was caused by the whole front panel being corrupted (the front panel with the power button/4 other buttons) I had to buy a you view humax box from ebay and replace the whole front. I think it was the front panel from a humax youview dtr-t1000 but you should double check. I made a whole post on the problem I had and using help from people on here we narrowed it down to being the front panel, you might find the thread in a search. (it might have been a different user name because I'm not using tapatalk app and was signed out of my hummy account unless it's same name and password) either way I hope this helps.

Responding to the "on another note" from the original posting: I got a HDR2000T instead of repairing my "dead" HDR-FOX-T2. It works. I shall however now be repairing the HDR-FOX-T2. The single biggest reason: the HDR2000T has no display of any sort on the box itself.

Keith_RAK did you get anywhere with diagnosing/fixing the problem? As of Oct 31st our HDR-Fox T2 started randomly freezing + rebooting. We're running quite an old version of the customised firmware, so when I get home tonight, I'll be upgrading that to see if it makes any difference.

Keith_RAK did you get anywhere with diagnosing/fixing the problem? As of Oct 31st our HDR-Fox T2 started randomly freezing + rebooting. We're running quite an old version of the customised firmware, so when I get home tonight, I'll be upgrading that to see if it makes any difference.

See my earlier post, this is how my problem started. Turned out it was a corrupt front panel and I had to replace it to fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back