HDR Fox T2 Custom Firmware Version Installation

Brian Grayson

I am working through the process for custom software installation and am struggling to follow the instructions.
I have firmware 1.02.29.
When I view "Firmware Upgrade path" options, this version is listed for upgrading to 2.16 custom firmware "based on" both 1.02.29 AND 1.02.32. Which should I select?
However, when I look at the firmware downloads available 2.16 is only available for firmware 1.02.20 and 1.02.32.
There are additionally two versions of custom firmware 2.17, again based on 1.02.20 or 1.02.32.
Please help an old, confused (senile?) codger where he is going wrong. Can`t wait to auto decrypt HD recordings to view on my pc using VLC.
Thanks in advance
Briang

If you're on 1.02.29 then I'd recommend installing CFW 2.17 based on 1.02.32. The single installation will install the custom firmware and upgrade the Humax software to 1.02.32 which is almost the same as 1.02.29.

1.02.20 is still preferred by some people as it doesn't have the same tendency to automatically retune itself without intervention. You can protect yourself against that with 1.02.29/32 too by installing the disable-dso package.

The only changes I'm aware of between .29 and .32 are that .32 is better at tuning if you receive signals from two different regions and it does not seem to have the same problems as earlier versions if you accidentally tune into an IPTV channel.

Thanks for your rapid response.
I got twitchy about how to proceed after seeing the bold type in the instructions about getting the correct version of the custom firmware as I don`t understand linux and PVR programming.
Briang

Just so you know, I am actually planing to upload 2.18 later on this evening but it only contains one change which isn't worth waiting for if you want to go ahead with 2.17. I can't finish the testing as my PVR is in use..

Yeah, that threw me. After receiving your quick reply, I opened up the custom firmware download page and....
there was version 2.18, arghhhhh
Anyway, went with 2.17 and its all done and things seem to be A.OK.
Thanks again
Briang

Back