HDR Fox T2 Dnla going crazy

Brid

Forum Supporter
Hi There
I love the custom firmware so thank you to all who have written it. I have several HDR fox T2s and have used the custom firmware on a couple of them for years. The problem I have now though is the main unit with custom firmware when viewed from any other Humax is uncontrolable . The menu on any other HDR Fox t2 or HD fox t2 is acting like a button is stuck down on the remote and it scrolling through all the program titles with great speed.
Anyone come across that before ? is it a case that I take it back to standard and reload? I have already reapplied the latest firmware but no change.
I don't know if this is related but it also switches on to a "bbc red button" channel instead of BBC1 as it is set to do.

Can anyone help?

According to your topic title this is access by DLNA. So are you using Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network? Do you realise this has nothing to do with CF at all, and would work just the same without CF??

The media menu provided using the DLNA client function on a HD/HDR-FOX is operated at the client end (ditto if you were using Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB to access the remote 'Fox using CF file share functions), so any craziness is the local device going silly, not the server end.

Things Every... (click) section 13

Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

The menu on any other HDR Fox t2 or HD fox t2 is acting like a button is stuck down on the remote and it scrolling through all the program titles with great speed. Anyone come across that before?
Yes, it does it between my two units. It seems to do it for a few 10s of seconds and then stops by itself and works normally. No idea how to fix it other than wait a bit. But I don't bother with DLNA these days as it is so cr@p.

My guess: it's presenting the DLNA query results as they come in and get sorted. Does it happen more when there is a long list of results rather than just a few?

Try resetting the DLNA database (web interface->Diagnostics->DLNA Reset)
Always worth a try.

But that's at the server end, and I reckon this is a client problem. Nothing to be lost by trying it though.

Wow thanks for all the replies. I have already reset the data base and have cleared out all the old programs. I think that when I have time I will have to take it back to factory settings. And format it?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

It has the same problem when I view it from all my humax units so I don't think it is a client problem

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

It's the client creating the listing, isn't it? That's how DLNA works - the server just answers the client's request for data, the client packages up the data for presentation to the user.

Back