HDR FOX T2 - Freeview Guide Update September 19 2012

AndyMB

Hi

I manually retuned my HDR FOX T2 last night after some issues with the schedule being erased. Now I seem to get a message on screen saying the Freeview Guide should be updated Now or Later. A date of September 19th is displayed too.

I don't want to do an automatic update as I end up with 2 transmitters and the guide goes weird.

Has anyone any ideas how to get rid of this?

Also my remote control is very unresponsive, changed batteries and had no luck.

Thanks in advance

Andy

It will nag you until you allow a retune (or it does one behind your back), and then you will need to restore your manual tuning And recording schedule afterwards. Good news: there's another one on 17th October. See HERE (click) for the low-down.

Not sure what to say about your remote, when you say "very unresponsive", do you mean "does not respond at all"?

It will nag you until you allow a retune (or it does one behind your back), and then you will need to restore your manual tuning And recording schedule afterwards. Good news: there's another one on 17th October.

Not sure what to say about your remote, when you say "very unresponsive", do you mean "does not respond at all"?

Thanks for your reply

If I let it do an automatic retune am I not in the same position as before, with channels up in the 1000s, I want to avoid this as the guide gets confused.

To do a manual tune you have to select factory settings so I'm back to square one.

On the remote sometimes the red light does not illuminate when I press the button, I have a feeling it's dying and God only knows how much a new one would be. I rang Humax helpline, they weren't much help and didn't seem too bothered!

It sounds like your remote needs a clean - See Wiki HERE (click). If you are really worried try a Harmony 300 (about £15 on Amazon). See HERE (click).

You do not need a factory reset to perform a manual retune. See information (and link to further instructions) HERE (click) section 2.

Not sure if it's related but when I switched the Hummy on tonight all the channels had disapeared and I had to do another manual retune. Is this because of my constant refusal to do an automatic retune?

Thanks for your previous help, by the way.

Andy

Did you only have to retune, or was it a full out-of-the-box installation wizard? If the latter, firmware 1.02.27 was prone to erasing the set-up and starting again.

The retune nag only goes away temporarily when you dismiss it, the only way to get rid of it permanently is to allow it to go ahead. If you only had to retune, I suppose it sneaked one in (which version of firmware are you on?).

Custom software package disable-dso eliminates the problem in all but the rarest of situations, 1.02.20 + disable-ota + disable-dso + 04:20 EPG Refresh Reminder is bullet-proof.

It's lost the channels before and the only way I seem to be able to get them back is do Factory Settings and a manual retune.

I was on 1.02.28 but just upgraded to .29 and will see what happens tomorrow. I do set an auto power on around 3:00am to update the EPG. This machine has been rock solid until around August time...ever since I put on .28.

I don't understand the factory settings bit. If you are using it to force the installation wizard to come up, that is not necessary - you can initiate tuning via Menu >> Settings >> Installation (default password is 0000) >> Manual Search.

By auto power on, you mean Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Time >> Power On Timer | Power Off Timer? Note that these get cleared when the firmware updates. This should work to refresh the EPG (as long as the Humax is on for 20 mins), but if there is an on time without an off time it has been known for the Humax to misbehave. I find it far more effective to set a Reminder in the recording schedule.

Hi

When I checked this morning the schedules had been wiped again and I had channels up in the 1000s. I guess my 3:00am power on initiated an autotune and wiped them out.

I guess it's time to do some modding!

Thanks

Andy

I am at a loss where these channels 1000+ come from. Duplicates are normally loaded at 800+, unless you have so many duplicates they have overflowed.

You mean you don't hold the entire contents of the forum database in your head? :eek:

Back