HDR Fox T2 Freeview Recorder Switching off etc

ForestOfOctober

Hi every so often at random times my box goes from standby mode to turned on sometimes it does just this and sometimes i lose control of the remote. It flicks through channels on it's own and volume changes on it's own do you think my box could be faulty?

Hi every so often at random times my box goes from standby mode to turned on sometimes it does just this and sometimes i lose control of the remote. It flicks through channels on it's own and volume changes on it's own do you think my box could be faulty?

It might be worth covering up the IR receiver on the Humax just in case something is producing Infra-Red interference, the position of the receiver is HERE

since my last post i was thinking of sending it back so packed everything in the box but changed my mind and reinstalled it the day after since then i had no problems from 3rd march till today when it started doing the same thing again .

In that case, I think replacement is the only option, Something must be changing to kick it off, possibly temperature. As you're on the brink of sending it back I guess setting it back to factory default settings and reformatting the hard drive would be worth trying, but I think that would be clutching at straws

yeah i did that and still the same i like the box i just wish it would not do this so yeah it's going back i will update with a fault report

Back