HDR-FOX T2-G or HDR-2000T/500-G

Indeed, but if the options are >£100 for a new PVR or spend some time getting to grips with the custom firmware to possibly fix the problem and gain the extra functionality, the OP may want to give it a try.
We don't know yet what is triggering the issue. CF may not be required.
On one forum there was some one who with an HDR-FX T2 who was having unwanted repeats recorded for some series (coincidentally for the channel 5 group) because of they did not understand how freeview series were organised. When a series had already started they were always selecting both the first broadcast and a repeat broadcast for recording, when all they really wanted was the series once and an individual episode from the repeats. Their explanation was that the search results were showing some episodes would not be recorded and so they thought they had to set series recordings for each result until all the results had a recording icon.

When a series had already started they were always selecting both the first broadcast and a repeat broadcast for recording,
Unfortunately, this was almost a requirement on CBS Action when they first showed Mission Impossible. Their strange series link would have one episode from 11pm (episode 1) and the next from 2 days later at 5pm (episode 2), and then at 11pm (episode 3). To obtain all episodes at 11pm (no "nexts" or squashed end titles) , you had to series link twice. :rolleyes:

RS >> Auto >> Add new entry >>

Type = Schedule + Events
Channel = CBS Action
Name = "Mission Impossible"

Cheers for the responses folks.

No customised firmware installed.
Issues include; not finding signal (aerial, booster boxes, coax, signal etc checked and top notch), green screen, locks out. Sure there's others but can't think of them off the top of my head. All these are intermittent like I say.
Example I can think of New: NCIS on one of the CH5's, 5HD or 5USA sorry, can't remember which but it's not running atm

Unfortunately, this was almost a requirement on CBS Action when they first showed Mission Impossible. Their strange series link would have one episode from 11pm (episode 1) and the next from 2 days later at 5pm (episode 2), and then at 11pm (episode 3). To obtain all episodes at 11pm (no "nexts" or squashed end titles) , you had to series link twice. :rolleyes:
OK, there may have be a tenuous relationship between your example and my example but that is all. I was referencing a case where the series and its repeats have been CRIDed by channel 5 as most would expect but the user consistently mistook what was required to set the recordings they really wanted, when a simpler approach would have just recorded just the episodes that they wanted.
You are referring to where the broadcaster has not assigned the CRIDs as most would expect. That is not the same as where the broadcaster has assigned the CRIDs as most would expect.

Back