HDR FOX T2 - iPlayer on Portal

Watt Tyler

If you're watching a programme by using BBC iPlayer via the Portal, and you want to navigate to a different part of the programme, how do you do it?

My wife was watching an episode of Call the Midwife yesterday, and wanted to skip over the bits she'd already seen, but none of the navigation buttons on the remote seemed to do anything. How is it supposed to work?

I found later that if I held down the 'skip to end' (NOT fast forward) button for about 10 seconds, it would eventually jump by about 5 minutes - giving the possibility of skipping forward very laboriously in 5 minute chunks. Surely, there's a better way! What am I missing?

TIA.

WT

You don't need to hold it down, it just takes time to react. +/-5 mins is all you've got.

There is a work-around: with the custom firmware installed you can download the whole programme (it ties up the HDR-FOX for the duration, but how long that is depends on your network speed), then save it off as an MP4 and play it with full transport control.

You don't need to hold it down, it just takes time to react. +/-5 mins is all you've got.

There is a work-around: with the custom firmware installed you can download the whole programme (it ties up the HDR-FOX for the duration, but how long that is depends on your network speed), then save it off as an MP4 and play it with full transport control.

Very odd! If I watch the same thing on a computer, I have full transport control. Is it really beyond the wit of Humax to make the T2 do the same thing?

WT

Back