HDR Fox T2 keeps restoring recording schedule even when it's cleared.

zekepliskin

So I have one of my boxes that has a list of 28 items on it, none of which I want to record any more on that particular one (one of the others handles that now), so I've tried blanking the recording schedule from both the webif and the Humax UI, but every time it reboots it restores the schedule.

The weird thing is it does this even after the auto-schedule-restore package is removed. I'm sure it's something to do with having the drives swapped between boxes, but before I reset the webif is there something I can run by command line to find out what's going on and correct it?

An empty schedule is the key that a restore is needed!

So after clearing the schedule just schedule something, (e.g a reminder for the middle of the night) that will serve as a placeholder until you actually schedule something you want to record.

The schedule itself is stored in flash memory not on disk but the backups are on disk

The schedule itself is stored in flash memory not on disk but the backups are on disk

Yeah that's what I figured. I reset the box in question and reinstalled all the packages and after rebooting it seems fine now. I think best practice after swapping drives where a HDR Fox T2 was running CF is to reset and rebuild to avoid any issues cropping up especially if the box is running unattended.

Is that possible?
If you somehow zap the opkg database without uninstalling the package then yes. The files will still be there and it will still run.
Reinstalling and then removing the package again should have got rid of it.

If you somehow zap the opkg database without uninstalling the package then yes. The files will still be there and it will still run.
Reinstalling and then removing the package again should have got rid of it.
Since the disk was moved it is quite possible there was a difference between catalog and the package in flash memory

Back