HDR-Fox T2 Memory Size

I wonder why they fit the extra RAM and then don't apparently use it. The beancounters must surely have a say in this.
Is a Customised boot loader possible? Probably v. dangerous in bricking terms?

Would the 64MB would be fitted if it wasn't used? I doubt it.

In this Preliminary Hardware Data Module for BCM7405 (obvs they meant "Preliminary Hardware Module Data"), we read in the section "Memory Controller", where I take UMA as "uniform memory access", ie a single linearly addressable block:
The BCM7405 includes one primary 64-/32-/16-bit memory controller, which supports UMA configurations, and an optional 32-/16-bit which supports non-UMA configurations. ...
By using 32/16 non-UMA mode, the BCM7405 can support 64+32 MB (96 MB), when 64 MB is connected to the 32-bit interface and 32 MB is connected to 16-bit interface. The 128+64 MB (192 MB) device configuration can also be supported by the BCM7405 when 128 MB is hooked up to the 32-bit interface and 64 MB is connected to the 16-bit interface.
So it seems that the 128MB is available to the general-purpose OS while the 64MB might be separately addressable and perhaps assigned to the co-processor modules in the BCM7405 for DVB demux and video processor buffering.

So it seems that the 128MB is available to the general-purpose OS while the 64MB might be separately addressable and perhaps assigned to the co-processor modules in the BCM7405 for DVB demux and video processor buffering.
That sounds very plausible to me.

Back