HDR FOX T2 missing remote. Opions?

pADDYB

Hi

Richer sounds are selling these as "graded" unites for £149.99, and I also have a £10 off voucher. I phoned to reserve one, but unfortunately they haven't got the remote for it. They will try to chase one up for me, but it's unlikely to be until the new year, and I want it now as my Toppy needs repairing and I'm going away for Christmas.

I've seen on here that people are using a Harmony 700. There are quite expensive, so I just wondered what other 3rd party etc options were available?

Actually, they have them on sale even cheaper with next day deliver. Its a Humax HDR FOX T2 G, what's difference does the G make?

lol yeah, i would get it from humaxdirect in that case! unless RS are willing to drop it to £99 or below, there is no point.

Great, just ordered it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it tomorrow, as I moved yesterday (Toppy damaged in transit, which is why I'm so keen to get this asap, can't be PVR less). They need to call me on a landmine at my new address as its different to my billing address, so hope they don't do it when I'm out.

Well, my new flat does look a bit like its been hit by a bomb at the moment. I really should try and unpack and sort through everything, rather than spend time sorting my AV out!

"G means grade A."
Just wanted to check, I saw something earlier that suggested the custom firmware might not work on newer boxes because of a slight difference in firmware/hardware (can't find it now). Were they referring to the HDR 2000, or new versions of the HDR T2? If its the later, this will be a problem as I really want to use it with the custom firmware.

"G means grade A."
Just wanted to check, I saw something earlier that suggested the custom firmware might not work on newer boxes because of a slight difference in firmware/hardware (can't find it now). Were they referring to the HDR 2000, or new versions of the HDR T2? If its the later, this will be a problem as I really want to use it with the custom firmware.
There are now custom firmware versions available for the new version of the HDR-FOX T2, I am using one on my own box. If you are getting a graded box from Humax direct, there is a good chance that it will be an old hardware box with New firmware. I suggest that you report back when you have received your box.

I got a genuine brand new remote off eBay for my parents and it was £24.95. The buttons on theirs were really unresponsive, so ordered a replacement and now I'm told its better than the original remote ever was :)

Ok, box arrived from Humax Direct the next dav as promised. Apart from the OEM type box, it looks as good as new, they even supplied an HDMI cable!

Haven't had that much time to play with it until today, but seems to work fine and have made a few recordings.

So I'm now ready to install the custom firmware. I've checked, and it has the latest firmware 1.03.06, but the older hardware with the horizontal aerial sockets.

How would you suggest I proceed with this?

Back