HDR-FOX T2 No HD channel

gjf60

I have a HDR-T2 on 1.03 12 CF 3.10 My problem is sometimes but not always I get a blank screen with no signal on HD channels when its not in recording any channel. As soon as its in recording mode on any channel HD channels are there. The signal strength on the T2 is 62% on HD when their working. I get 72% on BBC1 SD

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply I read the thread Iwill try changing my HDMI lead Im using the one that came with the T2. I forgot to say the signal quality is 100% on all channels and a new aerial and down lead with a mast head amp was fitted 4 years ago. Im in East Yorks using the Belmont transmitter.

Just move the one that you have for a starters to see if that makes any difference. Keep it as far away from the aerial feeder as possible. Whatever you do, don't buy an obscenely expensive one believing the salesman's line that it will give you a 'better picture'. It won't/can't.

Disconnect both ends of the HDMI lead and temporarily connect using a SCART lead (Only SD) and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
It's more important to ensure the aerial cable is of good quality and properly connected throughout, than worry about the quality of the HDMI lead. Testing with an analogue connection (and HDMI removed) should eliminate HDMI as the problem.

This is only a best guess, because I can't think of any other explanation for your symptoms.

Your 'best guess' was what prompted my post #4 BH. But good to eliminate things that are easy to eliminate before looking for hard to find causes of the problem.
If that doesn't fix it. Then there are other routes to finding the cause.
Like BH says, a crap patch lead will pick up HDMI interference pretty well.

This is an intermittent problem and I will try with a scart lead next time it happens. Ive got confidence in the aerial lead as it was installed by a RAF electronics trained fitter with professional connectors and top quality lead. Will post back when I can test it

Just to post back on this. I had the blank screen on HD again the other day and embarrassingly I was able to push the ariel lead slightly further into the socket and the HD came back. I will make sure all the leads are fully pushed home in future and thanks for everybodies replies

Back