HDR-FOX T2 - No lights ( power ? )

So at least with no load your PSU looks 'normal'. Time to start checking voltages on the motherboard.

Are you in possession of the design specifications? If not, you don't know - the waveforms present on the unloaded PSU have been compared with a known good unit, and appear to be OK (from that point of view only). Earlier in this topic I advised caution and not jumping to assumptions, and that advice appears to have been born out.

I have just bought myself a HDR-Fox-T2 off eBay. I ran it through a range of commisioning tests and it was fine. However, after 3 days it failed to power-up, even after power cycling, there are no lights and no sign of life.
I was looking for help in this thread... my PSU board is a PW808 and its output (via multimeter) is 6.2V and 12.2V, which seems to be broadly in line with observations in this thread.

What I can see of the circuit is a STRW6252 which appears to be a switch mode power supply capable of providing both full and standby power automatically.
The 2 DC outputs are fed from a SBR1060 and SBR10100; at first glance they could be regulators, but according to the datasheets they are each just a pair of diodes (so just rectifiers for the transformer output).
This suggests that the only voltage regulation (on the PSU board) is any that is inherent in the 6252.

I had a look on the main board for any other voltage reference points, but nothing stands out as power regulators (assuming power dissipation = heatsink), so hard to know where to go next.

I have retested the 1T Pipeline drive (SATA to USB converter and plug it into my existing T2) and that seems fine. So, at least I could upgrade my T2 from 500G to 1T, and I have a spare remote control.

<snip> I had a good look at the main board: a component, designated U21 on the board has blown. This is quite close to the power connector, and is tucked away under the hard drive in the bottom left hand corner.
<snip>
From what I can tell, the component (Z1073A) is a voltage regulator.
<snip>
I have checked that component on my board, mine shows no visible damaged. Haven't been able to find a datasheet to allow me to check its output voltage yet.

Back