HDR- Fox T2 not powering down

gjf60

I have a HDR T2 with latest standard firmware 1.03.12 and 3.03 custom software and a recently fitted Seagate 2TB HDD
I find that sometimes when I turn on its already booted even when no scheduled recording is about to start. I have tried turning off the mains for a few minutes then when turning back on it re boots ok but same thing happens, when I turn off with the remote the display goes blank and the blue power button goes dim but after 5 minutes I switch back on and its already booted. When I set the Auto power down to ON it does power down after 3 hours and the front power button turns a dim red as it should. I have deleted any failed recordings. Anybody any suggestions ?

Thanks very much for that

I don't have any of these symptoms
  • Setting an Auto Off timer without a matching Auto On timer
  • The presence of corrupted recordings sometimes with move/copy options greyed out
  • The deleting message being permanently displayed
Very strange seems to be powering down ok now with a dim red ring. I think it might have been a red ring package error as the first time I tested the power states I tried plugging in a usb stick it did not light up while I had a dim blue power button. Will test again if it starts playing up.

The Redring package does sometimes leave the Humax with a Blue ring when placed in standby, but in most cases the unit has correctly shut down and it is only the LED colour that is wrong. You can tell by having something with a LED on it permanently in the USB socket, if the unit is really in standby there will be no power to the USB sockets

I forgot it was already booted when I powered on so not just a Redring package fault, however it seems to be powering down now. I've switched on the auto power down as well in case it doesn't.

I have found that if I disconnect the mains then reconnect it boots up then goes into standby (HDD not spinning) and shows dim red ring. However after powering on and off again and I get the same problem as above.

Back