HDR-Fox T2. Random Crashes; No Web IF.

lendafender

I'm sorry if similar questions have been raised before, but I can't seem to find anything to get me back up and running.

Bought a 2nd hand 500GB recorder on Amazon and everything appeared to work fine for a month or so. Brilliant as I'd expected, only the remote scheduling offered by the custom firmware was too attractive of a prospect to turn down.

More recently, I tried to add packages to decrypt recordings for copying elsewhere and then problems started. Crashes would occur at random times and also particularly on boot and while closing the custom portal.

I tried going back, removing packages I'd added, and later reinstalling cfw2.15 from usb.
I have lost the web interface completely, not even the page offering the full interface.

I've tried going back to official firmware, and this works perfectly. But now I'm back on custom firmware but still no further forward.

I thought i was alright with this kind of stuff, but I'm at a loss.

This might be less relevant than I've convinced myself it is, but I thought I'd add...

I'm fairly certain whatever fixes this for me will be through telnet. This does work.
I imagine the best first step would be to reinstate the web interface and mongoose, but I can't seem to do so with opkg.

humax# opkg install hummypkg/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.0.2_mipsel.opk
Downloading hummypkg/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.0.2_mipsel.opk.
wget: can't open '/webif_1.0.2_mipsel.opk': Read-only file system
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download hummypkg/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.0.2_mipsel.opk, wget returned 1.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.

(can't post links; edited url's; did contain http:// hummypkg .org .uk)

@Black Hole
OK, that sounds promising. Just so happens that the last thing I did before leaving for work this evening was an upgrade to 2.16 then left the box running a disk-check. Hopefully that's a step taken toward normality for when I get home.

Got there eventually!

Telnet in, switch to maintainence mode;
Telnet in again, run fix-disk.
This made no mention of getting out of read-only mode, but did appear to be doing a lot of error correcting.

Then reset back to normal with "Run a diagnostic" > setrma
Put most recent official Humax hdf on a USB and installed
Turned it off and on a few times for good measure
Put the modified hdf on my stick, installed full web-if. Success!

I've no idea what caused the initial crashes, but I think I'll be leaving some things along-like the custom portal- unless more features tempt me back.
If there was a way to go back to freshly installed custom FW in fewer steps, I'd be very interested to hear it!
Thanks

Back