HDR Fox T2 Repairs service needed.

Tiggers

Hi,

What a great forum, and the technical knowledge and skills displayed is remarkable. However, I am not a techie bod and I will not be taking the back off the box. We love these things and now have two faulty units.

1. Purchased new 2011 – will not power up - keeps trying then gives up – on reading online a not uncommon fault. About 5 years ago, we purchased a used unit to replace it with.

2. The replacement – yesterday the HDMI image output has gone a bit mad; image has vacant patches – this problem started suddenly mid playback of a programme. I've tried an alternative cable / alternative socket on our TV - no change. Our TV does not have a scart input.

Ideally I would like one or both repaired by a firm or person who knows what they're doing and perhaps even offer a guarantee.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John.

will not power up - keeps trying then gives up
Sounds like it might be the capacitor fault. Try disconnecting the hard drive and report back. Despite what you say about not taking the back off, it's very easy. See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-hardware-commissioning-disassembly-repair.5728/

yesterday the HDMI image output has gone a bit mad; image has vacant patches – this problem started suddenly mid playback of a programme.
That can't be anything to do with HDMI. Are you sure it's not the telly?

Ideally I would like one or both repaired by a firm or person who knows what they're doing
Where are you?

perhaps even offer a guarantee.
Not a chance. Whoever you find to attempt a repair, it will be at your own risk.

For somebody averse to getting stuck in yourself, I strongly recommend you buy something currently available in the shops (and when that breaks after the warranty is over, the same applies). You can if you wish pass on your old units – see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/what...wanted-hdr-fox-hd-fox-or-dtr-t1000-1010.8419/

Last edited:
Thank you

- TV is fine - tried alternative inputs / cables - I'm satisfied it is the Humax output is the problem.

- Located UK

Located UK
Yeah, very good. If you're going to be that vague, nobody will offer to help. Quoting your town isn't putting you at risk!

PS: Check out the final edited version of post 2, you probably didn't see that before you posted.

Last edited:
TV is fine - tried alternative inputs / cables - I'm satisfied it is the Humax output is the problem.
HDMI is a three-channel serial interface, sending data for red, green, and blue on the separate channels. If it were the HDMI at fault, you would have no picture at all, or pictures with no red or green or blue in the whole picture – not just patches.

If the HDR-FOX is at fault, it would be a complex fault originating in the system-on-chip... but nothing like that has ever been reported before. That doesn't make it impossible. A picture would be useful.

Last edited:
If you have a local Repair Cafe or appliance repair shop someone there may be willing to replace the capacitors for you based on the information given on the forum but true electronics repair shops are hard to find these days

Back