HDR-Fox T2 set up scan

johntee

Hi,

With the assistance of our very helpful and knowledgeable membership, I've just managed to update my T2 recorder software to the standard, non customised v1.03.06 software.

This upgrade thankfully solved my YouTube crashing problems instantly.

However, whilst cruising through the T2 settings menu I've noticed that:

"Edit channels" & "Installation" options are 'greyed out' for some reason. I'm reasonably sure they were there before the upgrade as I'd responded to a recent (October) on screen message to "Re-Tune the box because specific channels were being moved"

Can any member please shed any light on the above observations because if I wished to re-scan / re-tune / store in the future I would not be able to do so.

I'm located in the north of the UK

Kindest regards,

John

This tends to mean that the box is recording something at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for your advice, it's very welcomed.

I will check that out in the morning, and feed back my results. Hopefully you'll have 'saved the day'.:)

I'm a novice as far as PVR's go but thankfully I'm learning something new each day.

Kindest regards,

John

Hello again HarveyB,

As promised yesterday, I'm providing feedback on the basis of your "recording something" as being at the root cause of the installation menus above being 'greyed out'

I'm pleased to say that you were 'right on the money,' that sorted things out. Please accept my thanks.

I can now add this to my small, yet expanding, T2 & PVR knowledge database.

Kindest regards,

John

No problem.
By the way, when the box is in use, you can always tell if it is recording by pressing the "i" (info) button on the remote. If it is recording the channels being recorded display on top left of screen.
There are other ways as well but as you were using the box when the original "problem" arose ...

By the way, when the box is in use, you can always tell if it is recording by pressing the "i" (info) button on the remote. If it is recording the channels being recorded display on top left of screen.

I did not know that! If I don't have the web interface handy I usually press STOP to bring up the active recording list.

No problem.
There are other ways as well but as you were using the box when the original "problem" arose ...

Hi HarveyB,

Many thanks, yet another piece of accrued knowledge. So glad we have members like you.

Kindest regards,

John

Back