HDR-FOX-T2 to HD-FOX-T2 USB copy

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
I have been using an external drive to record from a HD-FOX-T2. I also have a HDR-FOX-T2 and would like to move some recordings from the HDR's disk to the HD's disk with minimum fuss and tools.

Probably the easiest way to do this is just to plug the HD's disk into the HDR and copy some of the SD programmes over. Will that cause any issues in continuing to use that external drive on the HD-FOX-T2 with its existing recordings or record functionality?

The reason I ask is because of what I am seeing in the Data Storage menu for my external drive.

The HD displays:
Available Size ... 598.0GB
...... Used Size ... 318.8GB
Reserved Size ..... 20.0GB
...... Total Size ... 916.8GB

The HDR displays for the same external drive:
Available Size ... 614.0GB
...... Used Size ... 302.8GB
...... Total Size ... 916.8GB

The figures suggest that the HDR thinks there is 16GB more of the space available than the HD thinks there is, and the HD thinks that the same 16GB is being used. Is this just that the Data Storage displays are not accurate or is it feasible that the HDR could overwrite something essential to the HD if I copy recordings on to it using the OOTB copy functionality?

I don't know. (I mention that in case you're thinking "why hasn't BH responded to my question?")

Actually when my email went ping and I saw you had posted I thought "That was quick. BH is obviously about to rush off and do something completely different".

Actually I've just got in from doing something completely different, but with a mobile hot spot and an iPad in tow the coach journey wasn't much different from being at home :)

No CF installed on either machine yet.

Next month I'll have time to create a spare disk to gain confidence that the HDR does not corrupt any bits and bobs that the HD needs for supporting recording.
But hopefully this gas been tried before, or, someone has a good idea of the HD-FOX-T2 drive format and whether the HDR-FOX-T2 is likely to adversly affect it.

To answer you original question, (which I failed to do previously), I guess the HD has a TSR Buffer space on the USB hard disk that may not be visible to the HDR, even though the HDR calculates this space as useable I don't think it will over write any existing files

I guess the HD has a TSR Buffer space on the USB hard disk that may not be visible to the HDR, even though the HDR calculates this space as useable

I thought the HD TSR buffer was 20GB which is 4GB larger than the mysterious difference between the reported values of the HD-FOX and the HDR-FOX. If the HD TSR buffer isn't 20GB then what is the 'Reserved Size' of 20GB for?
:confused:

I don't think it will over write any existing files
Ta!

I thought the HD TSR buffer was 20GB which is 4GB larger than the mysterious difference between the reported values of the HD-FOX and the HDR-FOX. If the HD TSR buffer isn't 20GB then what is the 'Reserved Size' of 20GB for?

I'm surprised it's that big, 2 Hours of Hi-Def is the Max. TSR Buffer (I think) which would probably fit into 12GB and the only other buffer is for I-player / Youtube streamed video, but I'm told this isn't buffered on the HD only on the HDR

Back