HDR-FOX T2 to HDHomeRun, my journey

Looking at the logs its just issues with connecting to the tuner now. It either doesn't respond with any data or the data is corrupted. Maybe a signal problem or aerial problem? Do you have the HDHomeRun app? Can you view live programs with it? When you are watching something or recording something you can view the tuner status at http://hdhomerun/tuners.html by selecting the in use tuner and it will tell you about the signal quality. Is the computer you are using connected via a wired Ethernet connection?

Not sure there is much more I can help with if the tuner isn't responding with valid data.
Thanks. Yes it does look like the crashes are being caused by signal quality issues with the HDHomeRun. I'll look into the cabling and see if I can improve things.

It either doesn't respond with any data or the data is corrupted.

Not sure there is much more I can help with if the tuner isn't responding with valid data.
It still shouldn't crash though, regardless of whether the data is valid or not. Are you not checking the CRC on the service info. data, or not validating something else?

It still shouldn't crash though, regardless of whether the data is valid or not. Are you not checking the CRC on the service info. data, or not validating something else?
I quite agree. The problem is in the code that does the tuning, when the software requests another frequency the tuner is reporting an HTTP error code which isn't being handled. That error code means no Video data "at all", so there are no packets. The code just isn't expecting or handling that error, however it will during a recording and will keep trying.

When packets are being received, either during a recording or when scanning for services in the mux (aka tuning), they are all CRC checked.

If time allows soon I will fix the crashing out with some error handling, although it still wouldn't be tuning in any channels or course, just not crashing.

Back