HDR-FOX T2 to HDHomeRun, my journey

You are still classed as "new member" because of your low post count.

I guess it was something like that although oddly on my second or third post I posted a link to software on Google Drive, then couldn't do that when I tried again, which I thought was odd.

I wonder when the UK is planning on introducing a terrestrial ATSC 3.0 or equivalent system ?, I think I know the answer, it's not on the horizon :)

I thought new members could post links after 10 posts.
I thought it was five, but that can be varied (The Authority isn't around to tell us). There are other factors, but I don't expect them to apply. I would also expect it to coincide with being promoted from "new member" status.

oddly on my second or third post I posted a link to software on Google Drive
Are you sure you didn't post an obfuscated link which was then edited by mods for the benefit of readers?

Are you sure you didn't post an obfuscated link which was then edited by mods for the benefit of readers?

Possible by accident I pasted in a bad link that didn't look like a link to the forum software and it was corrected later by a moderator. I certainly don't recall the error first time and then having to obfuscate the link and was surprised when I got the error having already posted a link. At least these discussions and my replies are getting me up to being able to post a link next time :)

I thought it was five, but that can be varied (The Authority isn't around to tell us).
I am guessing the threshold has been increased because of malicious new users who rapidly make multiple posts to reach the threshold where they can post links to whatever it is they want to promote. At least it makes it very easy to spot them and ban them. I haven't seen much malicious posting recently.

Not sure if anyone has tried or had chance to give this software a spin yet. If yes, let me know as I can then put up some update instructions as I've added the ability to search by content type (genre, i.e. Movie, Sports etc) and made some changes to the network buffering to allow more robust recording.

Not sure if anyone has tried or had chance to give this software a spin yet. If yes, let me know as I can then put up some update instructions as I've added the ability to search by content type (genre, i.e. Movie, Sports etc) and made some changes to the network buffering to allow more robust recording.

I'm still interested - since my last post we now have our own HDHR but due to illness I haven't had much time to 'play', so we've just been using Emby for recordings so far.
Actually tomorrow will be a good opportunity to have a look - so I'll catch up on this thread and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the update.

I'm still interested - since my last post we now have our own HDHR but due to illness I haven't had much time to 'play', so we've just been using Emby for recordings so far.
Actually tomorrow will be a good opportunity to have a look - so I'll catch up on this thread and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the update.

Okay, and I've just updated the shared folder with the latest version so categories/genres can be selected to search for although some channels leave a lot to be desired with how they categorise things! Still movies and sports programs seem to be tagged correctly.

Got as far as running setup.exe and got this error - OK just repeats the error, Cancel halts the whole setup. Any suggestions?

1600007393232.png

EDIT: Well I ran DvrOnTimeSetup.msi and appear to have progressed further, but you'll have to let me know if that means I'm missing something :dunno:

Last edited:
Looks like the bootstrap is trying to download some prerequisites and getting confused related to the Local DB. Are you on 64 bit Windows? If yes and not already installed then run first the sqllocaldb.msi in the zip folder, this will install the database engine files first, reboot just to be sure, then try again, and hopefully already having the sqldatabase files installed should skip that stage. Let me know how you get on.

Yes I had run it first time around and rebooted, but did it again (and rebooted) and still showing the same error.
I'm running 64bit Win10 but it is an old machine (there's a product key for XP MCE 2005 on it!) if that makes a difference. I can try it on my laptop a little later for comparison.

In that case, skip the Setup.exe and just run the dvrontime.msi file and see if that gets you a bit further.

I found this thread while catching up with HDR Fox T2 developments on the forum, and wondering about whether the new Humax Aura might contain the functionality I look for in a DVR. So I installed the program on a spare PC a few days ago and so far it has proved stable and completely reliable!

Congratulations and big thanks to lc200, as I had given up on my HDHomeRun Quattro which was languishing in a cupboard. I would be prepared to pay money for this program!

I encountered the exact same error as embubya77 when running setup.exe but the .msi install has worked perfectly. Also, on my machine the service does not restart after a reboot (thanks, Microsoft update!) even though it's set to automatic. Start it manually and it's fine until the next time.

Just two small requests:
1. Could the guide page respect the "include" check boxes when it first populates? Currently it shows everything including hidden channels until a check box is changed.
2. Could the "programme aired" date be added to the information popup in the guide? If present, this can help to decide if the showing is actually a repeat or not.

Many thanks!

My request is somebody port this to Raspberry Pi Linux. The new Pis have more than enough processing power, and could be a media player head-end for a TV.

Got a Silicondust HDHomeRun arriving tomorrow, looking forward to having a look at this, but my only Windows pc is 32 bit, is there any chance of getting a 32 bit version of your software please?

Last edited:
Got a Silicondust HDHomeRun arriving tomorrow, looking forward to having a look at this, but my only Windows pc is 32 bit, is there any chance of getting a 32 bit version of your software please?
Yes no problem will compile a 32 bit version and get it uploaded sometime tomorrow.

Back