HDR-FOX T2 Tuning Advice

Wedderburn

I am a new member and I see reference to receiving signals in the 800 range. I would like to know what this means as I do have programmes in the 800 range. Does this interfere with reception on the normal channels.
I have a HDR-FOX T2 and get picture breakup, mainly on BBC4, but it does affect other channels as well.

It means that you are receiving signals from more than one transmitter. Not normally a good idea. You could probably do with doing a manual scan selecting the MUX's from your strongest (nearest?) transmitter.

It depends - I have reception from Wales and England transmitters so I get the best of both worlds.

With any luck the weakest signals have been put in the 800 range, so as long as you are happy with the channels you see below 800 you can safely ignore those 800 and above.

Many thanks. Is there way to find out what the other transmitters are, and would having 2 transmitters on different channels interfere with reception from the main channels.
I have no idea on how to manually choose a mux.
I am in Hertfordshire and get my normal signal from Chrystal Palance.

I have no idea on how to manually choose a mux.
Neither do I, but unless you are unhappy with the channels allocated at the lower numbers there is no need and no point. Ignore them. The relevance is if you wish a different transmitter's BBC1 to be allocated to your channel 1 (for example).

Digital switch-over can mean that transmitters you would not have picked up on analogue start to come through on a digital receiver, but probably not well enough to decode a picture. Side-lobe reception will be even more prevalent when switch-off occurs in your area (already has here - I notice the rest of the UK is the testing ground before London commits!). However, they should be on different frequencies from your main transmitter and therefore not actually interfere. If they do, it's time to get a better aerial (old analogue TV aerials are not optimised for UK DVB-T frequencies, even though many people get away with it).

Although it shouldn't happen, you might have a weaker MUX stored in your 'everyday' channel list IE. not channels in the 800's. As Black Hole says, it can be an advantage sometimes, but not at the expense of picture breakup etc.

Neither do I, but unless you are unhappy with the channels allocated at the lower numbers there is no need and no point. Ignore them. The relevance is if you wish a different transmitter's BBC1 to be allocated to your channel 1 (for example).
On the SD Humax PVRs, receiving from more than one transmitter can cause problems with accurate recording/series link; are you saying that this does not apply to the HD models?

Many thanks. Is there way to find out what the other transmitters are
Press Menu>System>Settings>Signal detection. Then press right arrow and you should see a list of channel numbers. Tell us what they are and we should be able to work out the transmitters.

Press Menu>System>Settings>Signal detection. Then press right arrow and you should see a list of channel numbers. Tell us what they are and we should be able to work out the transmitters.
Channel numbers are 22-25-28-29-31-32-34-48-55-59-60-62 and 65.
As requested. Hope this helps.

Wow! AFAIK, there should be a max of six depending whether you have gone through DSO. So either way you are receiving signals for more than one transmitter.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

The last five channel numbers are the same as mine, Winter Hill.

That should be fairly easy to deal with then. As there is a big gap between 34 and 48, do a rescan and disconnect the aerial lead after 34 has been scanned. That will stop the other channel numbers being added to the tuning data.

Hemel Hempstead perhaps? If you can receive the weak pre-DSO HD signal from Crystal Palace on channel 31, I would stick with Crystal Palace - at least until DSO, otherwise you would lose HD.

This reprises a question I think I put on "the other place" as to how to go about manually selecting what channels I wanted to tune (short of connecting and disconnecting the aerial at appropriate times - which would be easy in this case). I got no response other than to refer me to the manual (great help!).

Crystal Palace is 22, 25, 28, 29, 31, 32, 34. I can't immediately spot where the others are coming from. Can you supply your post code please?
My postcode is AL1 2QH. I believe the signals are coming from Hemel Hempstead.
I will retune on a different aerial and see what happens.

Check the transmitters here on DigitalUKs site.
They list the channel numbers for each transmitter.

As has been said before in other threads, to only tune to selected transmitters, you must do a manual retune, and select the appropriate transmitter channel. All is explained on the DigitalUK site.

Back