HDR Fox-T2 TV player apps

Woodentop

I have one of the above - in the You-View form - and it is connected to and active on my home network.

Going into the TV Apps it has BBC iPlayer and ITVPlayer, but not 4OD or Demand5. Is there any way that I can get these apps so that I can use it on the 4 and 5 channel sets?

I have been onto the Humax user site but cannot find anything.

My apologies of this has been covered before but I'm new to this game!

So you mean that you have a DTR-T1000, and not a HDR-FOX T2? If this is the case, I will change the thread title and move it to the correct forum.

If it is a Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box it should have All4, Demand5 and a few others. You could try running the 'Factory Reset, keep recordings' procedure from maintenance mode. You will have to set your box up again. There are instructions here. Don't use the factory reset available in the standard menus as this will delete your recordings too.

I have been onto the Humax user site but cannot find anything.
I may be mistaken but I believe the apps are controlled on YouView boxes by the YouView software and not the co-hosted manufacturer's software. This is part of the reason for the manufacturer's sites do not have this sort of detail.
On Youview boxes within the settings menus there is an update option for the apps. The date it claims the last apps update/check occurred is misleading because if you have your router turned off overnight it will still update the 'last updated' date even though the auto-overnight update attempt failed due to lack of an internet connection.
With the box connected to the internet go into the settings menus and kick start the option manually.

When you say 'You-View' are you sure it is a YouView box? YouView boxes will have YouView branded on them and the splash screen at start up will also say 'YouView' . I ask because you have spelt it as 'You-View' which suggests that possibly you haven't seen the YouView brand displayed very often.

If that is the case I am not aware of there being an ITV Player in the TV Portal - BBC iPlayer is your only catch-up option.

Is it possible to get Now TV on the TV Portal? or can the HDR Fox T2 be used to connect HDMI input from Now TV box to scart output to TV?

. . . or can the HDR Fox T2 be used to connect HDMI input from Now TV box to scart output to TV?
The Now TV box (White) does have a composite video output that can feed into a SCART socket as well as an HDMI output, however you will have to defeat the Macrovision that is on this output

Back