HDR-FOX T2 vs DTR-T1000

Yep suppose so. Although generally hard drives should be similar regarding performance and reliability if they're the same make.
I've got 2tb of hard drives in the pc and I've not had any bother. So don't see why the Humax differs in reliability between 500 gb and 1tb models. It's not really new technology.

Yep suppose so. Although generally hard drives should be similar regarding performance and reliability if they're the same make.
I've got 2tb of hard drives in the pc and I've not had any bother. So don't see why the Humax differs in reliability between 500 gb and 1tb models. It's not really new technology.
Not at all. The technology required to achieve the latest super-high data densities is dramatically different to the previous generation - but I admit the mechanical bits are probably similar.

I don't know if there are any hard figures for failure rates for the 1TB v 500GB models. I'm not convinced the reasons for avoiding the 1TB model are not anecdotal.
Personally, I have a 100% reliability rate with my 1TB box. Does that prove something?

No more than my two 500GB models having 100% track record. One example does not a summer make.

I agree it is anecdotal, it would take somebody with patience to trawl the forum for previous postings concerning drive failures (I'll have a look in the failures v serial number thread).

...well, take a look yourselves and see which gets the most fault posts!

...well, take a look yourselves and see which gets the most fault posts!
That's just what I mean by 'anecdotal'. I imagine Humax have some hard data from returns (and they won't tell us!), but reporting any perceived problem online just generates more of the same. For every reported problem there are hundreds of unreported cases of happy customers.

Have you forgotten your NDA?

No, I said nothing while the product was not out. But the product has launched, the public know about it and people have bought them. I haven't said anything specific about what happened during the trial itself (and is still happening) merely that I am in it. Given that people know there is a trial, I fail to see what huge secret I have revealed here.

No, I said nothing while the product was not out. But the product has launched, the public know about it and people have bought them. I haven't said anything specific about what happened during the trial itself (and is still happening) merely that I am in it. Given that people know there is a trial, I fail to see what huge secret I have revealed here.

Well see the following (from the T&C's on the YouView trials website) https://trials.youview.com/:
Your confidentiality obligations
It is essential that you keep information relating to your participation in the Trial confidential.

What part of confidential is not clear?

Have you forgotten your NDA?
Chas6604 over on the Digital Spy Forum has received an E-Mail from Humax stating that the NDA period has not expired and that it is still applicable, as far as I'm concerned the beta testers (I'm not one) of the DTR-T1000 are supplying valuable info. on the product, but I wouldn't want any of them to get into hot water

Chas6604 over on the Digital Spy Forum has received an E-Mail from Humax stating that the NDA period has not expired and that it is still applicable, as far as I'm concerned the beta testers (I'm not one) of the DTR-T1000 are supplying valuable info. on the product, but I wouldn't want any of them to get into hot water

Cheers for that Ezra, just for clarification the email was from YouView, not Humax, as Humax don't have anything to do with the trial.

I can't see why some people have problems with NDA's, that was the agreement for taking part in the trial.

Back