HDR-FOX T2 vs DTR-T1000

I had the same dilemma. I decided that if I wired up the Fox to the Humax portal (or better still the custom one) I could get iPlayer etc etc, and that this would give me most of the Youview features on a tried and tested platform.

Mine was £150 from XSItems on Ebay, ex-display but as far as I can see unmarked and fabulous.

I'm leaning towards getting the FOX as well. If its easy enough to set up I player, etc on it then that would be a bonus.
I might just hold off for a month or two and see what happens with prices with existing humax products and new youview boxes. Hopefully they might drop in price and have better features.

it would be better to let the different manufacturers have their own stab at the UI .

I agree, it would be better for the user and better for Humax, who could build in features different to the other YouView box manufactures, I'ts going to be difficult for Humax to say ' Don't by the cheaper Huawei, ours has better features', when they are all the same

I'm leaning towards getting the FOX as well. If its easy enough to set up I player, etc on it then that would be a bonus.
I might just hold off for a month or two and see what happens with prices with existing humax products and new youview boxes. Hopefully they might drop in price and have better features.

They used to say that you wouldn't notice the difference between SD and HD on a 32" set or smaller. That's not my experience. I was hugely impressed by the jump in quality from my old Humax 9200, both in picture and sound. If you've been used to that quality, I think you'll miss it.

Setting up iPlayer was relatively straightforward: just follow the advice on this site. Works well with PowerLine adapters. I'm using TPLink 200Mbps adapters (I had them already) and they work a treat.

Thanks for the advice. If I get the FOX I'll look at the info here for setting up Iplayer. Cheers

So... Is anyone here going to buy the youview box? Is it worth getting it to compliment the hdr fox t2?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I have both an HDR Fox T2 and a DTR-T1000. Mostly I use the DTR-T1000 only for things the HDR won't do ie. catchup on ITV, 4OD and Demand5. Even for BBC iPlayer I use the HDR Fox T2 since it will buffer the stream in background if I hit pause whereas YouView stops streaming when paused. My broadband is a bit slow for iPlayer HD so pausing while the box buffers it up and then pressing play some time later is the only way to watch iPlayer HD.

Having said that, I got the DTR-T1000 free as part of the beta trial. I doubt I'd pay money for one based on the details published here and on avforums.

Personally I wouldn't - the most problems are reported with the 1TB models.

I was going to go for the 1TB model, as its only around £30 more than the 500gb model.
But after reading your post I'm wondering whether I should..
Is the 1TB much more problematic than the 5oogb?

It's hard to put a figure on it, but there does seem to be a greater number of owners complaining about Hard disk noise and hard disk failure on the 1TB version of the HDR than the 500GB version.

Ok thanks.
Looks like I'll be better off with the 500gb model then.
Seems strange the 1TB has more problems. Would have thought the hard drives, fans, etc would be the same quality on both models.

Yeah, but who says 1TB drive technology is as reliable as previous generations (yet)? They might get hotter too.

Regarding capacity, if you are a hoarder 1TB will fill up just the same as 500GB (just take a bit longer). If you are not 500GB will be plenty.

Back