HDR-Fox T2 with Home Assistant?

Thanks for the feedback. My instinct is that querying the status only when required would be a more efficient method than firing off MQTT requests all day, when they're not actually used 99% of the time. Assuming that there's no way of getting Humax events like "playback" to trigger commands, is there any way to initiate a command using an HTTP request? For example, an HTTP request to trigger the status command, which publishes its output to MQTT?
http://humax/cgi-bin/status.jim will return the output of Status in HTML format - no need to to go via MQTT

Note status is not 100% reliable - it is doing a best guess interpretation of what is going on an can occasionally return Streaming or something else instead of Playing. For your purpose I think it is safe to send a Pause command without knowing what the actual status of the box is.

Last edited:
How is authorisation handled in the webif remote control? I see an Authorisation header loaded nonces etc.

... is there any way to initiate a command using an HTTP request? ...

Indeed, that's how the WebIf works.

The web server routes each incoming request to a Jim script (adding index.jim if the URL mentions no specific script in a directory specified by the URL. The procedure writes out any suitable response as a web page, or other data, to be sent back to the browser client. While doing so, it might invoke other programs and include their results. The defined mechanism for extending the range of URL paths and associated functions is a WebIf plugin (like qtube).

I knew I'd resurrected a year old thread.. @/df . If I was looking to automate the custom firmware I'd need to know how to authenticate these request to the .jim . It seems not with Basic Auth so was wondering how to negotiate so I could build the requests in Postman.

If any username/pwd is set for Webif (uses /mod/etc/htpasswd, settable from GUI Settings>Web Interface Settings), you would have to supply whatever authentication the lighttpd server expects. As I've never set up authentication, I can't say how that should happen, except that you can check what your browser does to authenticate and do the same.

Back