HDR-FOX T2 with latest firmware 1.03.11

pete99

I've just bought an 'A' grade HDR Fox-T2 from Humax Direct it arrived with firmware 1.03.11, does anyone reckon there would be any problem downgrading to 1.03.06 so I can use the custom firmware, there isn't any firmware available for the HDR at all on the Humax site so this is probably the last release.

I think it's about time to put it on the main firmware downloads page too.. Nobody has reported any problems.

there isn't any firmware available for the HDR at all on the Humax site so this is probably the last release.
I am not sure how you leap from software not being available (which I agree is poor) to this being probably the last release is a bit of a mystery to me. The HDR-FOX T2 is end of life but I expect one or two more software versions to appear.

I hope there is, but like Microsoft when manufacturers discontinue something they tend to lose interest in any upgrades.

The HDR-FOX has been superceded by the HDR-2000T for some time, but 1.03.xx has been "released" since then nonetheless. I can't explain why either.

Is it also time for a non-custom version of 1.03.11, users are bound to ask for it
I don't have any current plans to create a ~official 1.03.11. Anyone who wants to dabble (and what else would you call installing an unreleased version?) can install the custom firmware. It's a different situation to when people had a need to revert so that their RE boxes worked properly again.

Fair point, I was just thinking of users who were supplied with 1.03.11 moving to 1.03.11_mod_2.22 and then needing to return their unit back to Humax, the problem will go away when / if Humax supply a downloadable version of 1.03.xx

The unit I received arrived in a plain white box so I assume it could have been a shop display model, there was a slight dent in the top of the case, it worked when I first powered it up, tuned in the channels, did a test record etc, the next time I switched it on just got the Humax title screen for a few seconds then blank and no signal to the TV, now waiting for an exchange unit from HumaxDirect, incidentally they state that units will generally be on the latest firmware but that isn't guaranteed, so they don't know what firmware level your particular unit is on.

I wonder whether Humax are struggling to find good replacement units. I'm on my third replacement in as many weeks. All arrive in the white box with no controls etc for a swap. First kept freezing and locking up needing to be switched off and on again by the switch, second had a very loose wobbly coax plug that was bent and the latest continually reboots on a loop (no media servers present on the network - I checked that). Very frustrating. Cant fault the customer service. A box that works would be nice though.

incidentally they state that units will generally be on the latest firmware but that isn't guaranteed, so they don't know what firmware level your particular unit is on.
It isn't necessarily the case that they don't know which firmware level your particular unit was shipped with. They may not be able to guarantee what they will ship out to you, but once they do ship it they will know what the serial number is and from that what factory route that serial number took and therefore either know, or have a very good idea, which firmware was included.

The unit I received arrived in a plain white box so I assume it could have been a shop display model, there was a slight dent in the top of the case, it worked when I first powered it up, tuned in the channels, did a test record etc, the next time I switched it on just got the Humax title screen for a few seconds then blank and no signal to the TV, now waiting for an exchange unit from HumaxDirect, incidentally they state that units will generally be on the latest firmware but that isn't guaranteed, so they don't know what firmware level your particular unit is on.

Strangely, I got my GradeA from Humax last week and it looks new apart from a slight dent in the top of the case also :)

Mine seems to work fine though (touch wood)

Latest replacement box has arrived with 1.03.11 FW. It has a brand new 1tb AF Seagate Pipeline ST1000VM002 disk (correctly aligned according to the 4kalign tool! ). It is whisper quiet and doesn't keep rebooting or locking up. Fingers crossed that Ive got one that works now.:)

I was going to replace the much older 1tb Seagate Pipeline ST31000424CS in the other box which sounds like it is shaking itself to bits (no amount of foam under the feet helps!) with a WD AV drive but I might see how the new ST1000VM002 drive performs first.

Replacement unit arrived yesterday complete with original plastic film on the case, looks unused not even a scratch on the plastic film.

Back