HDR FoxT2 - Filezilla - Synology Disk Station - Issue

Jazvee

Has anyone had the following similar issue?

Copied files from Humax FoxT2 using latest version of Filezilla over network to Synology Disk Station DS210J which has the latest firmware. Files appear to have copied correctly but when accessing them on the Disk Station via the Humax they do not play and the following error message appears "cannot support this file format". When I delete the original files from the Humax and repeat the process in reverse i.e copying the unusable files from the Disk Station back to the Humax the files play on the Humax without fault.

When same files are copied using a USB memory stick there is no issue. It would appear the problem is with copying them on a network using Filezilla.

Does anyone have any ideas?

When same files are copied using a USB memory stick there is no issue. It would appear the problem is with copying them on a network using Filezilla.
If you are copying using FTP the files are encrypted. SD files are decrypted by the USB copy. Perhaps you should consider installing the Custom Firmware which will give you more options for decrypting recordings.

If you are copying using FTP the files are encrypted. SD files are decrypted by the USB copy. Perhaps you should consider installing the Custom Firmware which will give you more options for decrypting recordings.

Thanks for the prompt replies for my first ever post. Could you answer this further question - When I copied the files using FTP, Iused FTP plain which I assumed was default for no encryption. Is this not correct and also why did they play correctly when copied from the Disk Station back to the Humax using the exact same process? Sorry if this is simple but as a newbee It would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance...

Because the Humax knows how to decrypt it, as long as you copy everything back exactly as it was. The encryption has nothing to do with FTP, the files are recorded encrypted in the first place.

The links in my signature panel below will bring you up to speed.

There is an explanation of the decryption options in the WiKi HERE, Note :- all files on the Humax are encrypted and can only be decrypted by the Humax they were recorded on
EDIT
Just realised the flow chart didn't show Auto-Decrypt, Now added

Back