HDR LAN(Wi-Fi) Settings Mysteriously Corrupted

No doubt, but it could be a bad thing to do. The system runs one instance for each network interface. Let's see what leads the WLAN instance to become active.

Also, get the settop binary to log itself: touch /mod/boot/debugtv.

Then /tmp/humaxtv.log may reveal something.

Address flipped to DHCP (and got allocated the wrong thing). A WebIF reboot re-asserted the settings from WebIF >> Settings >> Network Settings.

I went looking for my log and couldn't find it. So I went looking for my script, and both the script and the cron entry have disappeared! WTF? :oops: Oh yes, this:

If you remove the opkg-beta package in the näive belief this will allow the non-beta version of ir to be substituted, fix-flash-packages will now be unable to find the correct version of any* beta package (including, potentially, webif), and end up removing those beta packages without replacing them. Two of us have done this and ended up rebuilding our CFs from scratch (not including firmware update, of course). The only packages actually affected by this are ir and webif, and measures set out below can recover the situation without a complete rebuild.

Back