HDR T2 missing program recordings since latest retune

Need help............!
This does appear to coincide with the last retune.... My hummy is failing to track a lot of programs and this is not a problem i have had before.
I noticed some my timer settings were moved in line with the retune, so some channel recordings were scheduled in the 800 program range. thinking this to be the problem i deleted those timer settings and redid them back on the lower numbers in the 1-100 range. This has not solved the problem. Its not just an issue of missing program endings ( although this sometime happens) it fails to record anything and flags up an "unable to track program" error.
I do run the custom firmware. If i remember correctly i rolled back to the 1.0.20 firmware after issues with the 1.0.27...All worked fine unless this retune since has scuppered it???
The missus is getting funny with me and thinks i keep deliberately failing to record Emmerdale...:frantic:

You need to delete the channels in the 800+ range.
Almost certainly, the Humax will have put some of the multiplexes from the wrong transmitter in the normal lower numbered slots.
You would be advised to work out what the correct channels numbers are for your wanted transmitter and do a manual tune having deleted all the old channels first.

Which transmitter do you think you should be on? Perhaps better to post in the HDR-T2 section.

Its the Hannington transmitter. If i delete all the 800 channels wont they just reappear on the next auto retune?
If anyone can move this thread to a better place feel free...

Its the Hannington transmitter. If i delete all the 800 channels wont they just reappear on the next auto retune?

Yes. Buy an attenuator!
In the meantime, a clear out and manual tune of 39, 41, 42, 44, 45, 47 would be your best bet.
39 is the T2 one.

If anyone can move this thread to a better place feel free...

As Martin states, you are better off doing a manual retune. It appears that you are receiving transmissions from more than one transmitter which is never a good thing. It is more than likely the cause of your problems. Find out what channels are appropriate for your transmitter and manually retune using just those frequencies. Note when scanning for the HD MUX, make sure you change the setting to DVB-T2 (from DVB-T) otherwise it will not 'pick up' the HD transmissions.

Just follow the like Martin posted...

Need help............!
This does appear to coincide with the last retune.... My hummy is failing to track a lot of programs and this is not a problem i have had before.
I noticed some my timer settings were moved in line with the retune, so some channel recordings were scheduled in the 800 program range. thinking this to be the problem i deleted those timer settings and redid them back on the lower numbers in the 1-100 range. This has not solved the problem. Its not just an issue of missing program endings ( although this sometime happens) it fails to record anything and flags up an "unable to track program" error.
I do run the custom firmware. If i remember correctly i rolled back to the 1.0.20 firmware after issues with the 1.0.27...All worked fine unless this retune since has scuppered it???
The missus is getting funny with me and thinks i keep deliberately failing to record Emmerdale...:frantic:

Read THIS (click), section 2.

Thanks for all the replies guys, and apologies for my slow response in replying.
It starts to make sense now. After the latest retune for the first time ever i got asked to choose my local station, South or london.
This must have triggered the ( what i now know ) duplicate channels to appear in the 800 range.
For now, i have deleted all the 800 channels and as a precaution, manually deleted then input back in all my timer settings.
So far so good. I am on the custom package so if i backed it up now, with any future channel update would i be able to revert to state quite easily by way of a back up? Failing that would you recommend to turn off auto update through the custom firmware or is this not possible???

When you install the Custom Firmware it automatically backs up your schedule and favorites for you every day. The CF has a package called Disable_dso that prevents the nag messages appearing which can cause an auto re-tune if left unattended so that could be useful, it also has a package called disable_ota that prevents the Humax looking for new firmware, an OTA won't force a re-tune but it could remove the CF firmware if it has a newer version number. The only precaution you really need is to note down the RF channel numbers of the 6 'Good Muxs' in your area so that you can perform a manual re-tune when necessary.

Are you sure you are on the right six muxes for your location now?
In my case it selected four correct ones and two incorrect ones, even though it asked which region and was told the answer.
The T2's software appears to be broken in this respect.

You can even end up with a mix of multiplexes from different transmitters but from the same region, it just depends what the propagation conditions are like on the day and which channels the Humax finds first.

In my case it was different transmitters from different regions. Image from the Web-If posted elsewhere previously.

Ok i def need to manually input the channels as it has still lost timer recordings it seems, albeit not all the time which i find strange for a series link every weekday on the same programme......luckily for me its not my timer recordings ;)
Unluckily for me its my missus's Emmerdale again :frantic:
Printed this thread out and will do it later tonight.
I only have one further question ( well two).
If i do this i assume i have to then manually input back in my timer recordings rather than use the custom firmware backup utility?
Will the back up utility note my manual retune and MUX's i use so i can restore the back up in the future should i need to do it again?
Apologies if this is basic common sense i dont have...

If you are using the custom firmware and have the WebIF installed, you can go to the Scheduled Events page and back up your current schedule, or the schedule will have been automatically backed up overnight (or at first boot next day) in any case. After your retune the schedule restore will patch things up to your new tuning parameters.

For the retune, use the manual procedure linked to by Martin or in Things Every... section 2.

Ok i def need to manually input the channels as it has still lost timer recordings it seems
It might be useful to see what muxes it's currently tuned to.
Can you produce something like the picture I did:
It picks up all 12 multiplexes fine. That is the problem and what this Region selection was designed to avoid. It DOES NOT work. Here is the evidence:
View attachment 334

If i do this i assume i have to then manually input back in my timer recordings rather than use the custom firmware backup utility?
I had to, because it got confused about recordings from the wrong transmitter.
Will the back up utility note my manual retune and MUX's i use so i can restore the back up in the future should i need to do it again?
Yes, once you've got it tuned properly this ought to work. Haven't tested it as I haven't needed to retune since sorting it out after the mess it made last month.

It might be useful to see what muxes it's currently tuned to.
Can you produce something like the picture I did:

I had to, because it got confused about recordings from the wrong transmitter.

Yes, once you've got it tuned properly this ought to work. Haven't tested it as I haven't needed to retune since sorting it out after the mess it made last month.
That's good news about the backup of the manual retune. I think before i get programming all my xmas timers i will do this and manually input my 25 odd recordings, small price to pay. Will try and get a MUX grab, looks like yours came off the WebIf?

You can get the current tuned channel numbers without the WebIF: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection >> (right)

Back