HDR-T2 wishlist

rcflyers

Humax HDR-T2 wishlist
I hope one day both of my HDR-T2's will be able to do the following:

1. Make the standby clock brightness adjustable - I find it too dim at the moment.
2. Stream recorded HD and SD content between the 2 boxes over the network.
3. Speed up transfer of video from HDD to USB stick - it is very slow.
4. When I switch the HDR box on the TV auto switches over to it.
5. Change the time when the box boots up to look for updates, currently 4.30am!

Perfect summary of my wishes too!

I would also add more sophisticated volume control, including being able to (i) adjust volume of HD relative to SD and (ii) set 'punch through' on the remote so it can control TV volume (a la TVonics). The second is probably not possible without a new remote.

I suspect you'd want 5) sorted out before 4) otherwise your TV will be coming to life at 4.30 am with the volume set at its last level!

next update please

1:- HD/SD sound levels back to pre .07 update

2:- greyed out unavailable channels on EPG

3:- deleting problem on part watched programmes sorted

4:- when files don't need encrypting (licensing permitting) removed

5:- DLNA

Add transitions when viewing photos instead of a black screen with 'Processing' displayed along with a spinner

I wish there was an easier way of seeing what was currently being recorded.
just press the i button, that shows the channels being recorded, i guess we could wish for a tweak so that the prog name is displayed too, or maybe those progs could rise to the top of the epg??

1) to be able to sort the scheduled recordings alphabetically, handy when checking if something has been set up properly

2) when epg suggests similar progs surely it'd be sensible to series link, at present it seems that only single prog is recorded

3) same as above for the trailer booking

4) folder renaming to stay renamed and not revert to original title with later recordings

5) hd option to work on all hd channels (prob broadcaster issue tho?)

6) stop stupid scrolling file name when playing

My HDR FOX T2 clock display is almost invisible in standby since I upgraded to 1.02.07. The unit is just above my Panasonic DVD recorder, its display can be clearly seen. so its not a case of where the unit is in the room or lighting conditions.

Something dear to my heart at the moment. How about not losing timers when you re-tune except on the channels that have changed let's say?

Something dear to my heart at the moment. How about not losing timers when you re-tune except on the channels that have changed let's say?
This was an early problem with the FreeSat HDR whenever you run a retune in non-freesat mode. This was later fixed by a firmware update. I originally thought the FOX HDR T2 would self update with new channel changes overnight but alas I was miss informed.

This was an early problem with the FreeSat HDR whenever you run a retune in non-freesat mode. This was later fixed by a firmware update. I originally thought the FOX HDR T2 would self update with new channel changes overnight but alas I was miss informed.
Strange how different maker's attitudes to updates differ wildly. Humax and Topfield just seem to let you get on with it, assuming you knew a re-tune was needed, my Panasonic TV alerts me to new channels but makes me 'OK' it before searching for them, and my Sony PVR/DVD recorder just tells me that it has spotted a new channel and added it to the list, so clearly it's possible and all without losing any timers.

Again, this comes down to programming techniques employed by Humax (or lack thereof).

It should work as follows: (Humax, You might want to take note)
1) Export timers to memory
2) Run Scan
3) Re-import timers and check for any that are invalid and warn the user.
4) Show a message saying "I've saved your timers for you so you dont have to trawl through the EPG again setting up your recordings cos i know its a pain in the ass when I delete them without warning."

Yes, the way 3View tackle it, is that after a re-tune, timers will be seen to have become disassociated from their channels. These timers are notated with an asterisk, and 'Fix Channel' appears on the list when you view the options. Not ideal, but a) it serves to remind you just which timers you had

and b) doesn't take long to re-instate them.

I keep thinking of the little things that MyStuff can do.

How about the option to file all single recordings with the genre of 'movie' to a special 'Movie' folder to help keep the size of the Media List down?

Something else struck me and that's to do with the thumbnail sketch associated with a recorded programme in the media list.

It seems to be from the first frame of the recording, which thanks to the ability to have front-end padding makes a nonsense of the picture shown. I recently recorded Hannibal Rising about Hannibal Lecter's early years, but the thumbnail was showing a commercial for Mr Kipling's cake's (excedingly good, especially after fava beans washed down with a little chianti!). My point is this - could the thumbnail be taken from 5 minutes in, to give it a chance of being relevant? I'm sure my Sony HXD870 does this.

Another wish to add to the list...

When playing MP3 files from 'folders' on the HDR from a DLNA media server, it will play each file in the folder consecutively, ideal for listening to an album. However I would really like it to do the same with video files on a DLNA server, currently it will just play the selected file and then return to the list. I've started building up a collection of music videos on my DLNA server that I've converted to a format the HDR can play, but it would be nice to just play them all in sequence rather than having to manually pick the next one from the list to play it.

I guess it would also be good to be able to play recorded programmes from a folder in sequence, very useful when returning from holiday and catching up on programmes missed, though it would be best controlled through a configurable option as I guess many people would not want it to work this way by default.

Back