HDR1000S Optical Audio Problem

Mark Hobson

Recently purchased HDR1000S, for freesat, only had it connected via HDMI to Tv and all been ok, have now connected it to my JVC audio system via an optical audio cable.

For some strange reason, im only getting sound on BBC 1, BBC news 24, all others are silent. And theres also no sound on playback recordings.

I can turn up the TV volume and get sound through HDMI but cant get it through on optical except for a couple of the BBC channels.

Anybody have a clue what could be wrong. ?

Can you see on your audio system what sort of sound is getting through when you get sound? PCM? Bitstream?

Recently purchased HDR1000S, for freesat, only had it connected via HDMI to Tv and all been ok, have now connected it to my JVC audio system via an optical audio cable.

For some strange reason, im only getting sound on BBC 1, BBC news 24, all others are silent. And theres also no sound on playback recordings.

I can turn up the TV volume and get sound through HDMI but cant get it through on optical except for a couple of the BBC channels.

Anybody have a clue what could be wrong. ?

Guessing your JVC system lacks an ac3 decoder and that your HDR1000S volume setting is too low.

Turn down your TV volume first.

Using the HDR1000S remote control turn up the volume to max. Select Settings - Picture and Sound - Digital Audio Out set the option to stereo

Now turn up your TV volume to a suitable level.

Back