hdr2000t

baffled

Just bought this.connected to an LG 26 LC 55 hd ready TV via HDMI. Set hdmi option to set top box. External aerial connected.
And-- nothing.All I get is poor signal.
Not sure how old the tv is.Would this make any difference? It could be 10 years old,maybe more.
Any ideas- words of on syllable please.

You say 'Nothing' and then go on to say 'Poor signal' If you have a poor signal message then you must have something or does the poor signal message really mean No Signal? On what is the 'poor signal' message. If on the TV, this seems to indicate that there is a video O/P from the box and the HDMI input to the TV is working. So long as the poor signal message IS coming from the box and not the TV. Does the aerial that you have plugged into the box work OK in the tv?
Try to be a little more specific with the symptoms.

Ok the poor signal message is on the tv. It is just a blank screen with the message.
The aerial works fine when plugged into the tv, 65% signal and 100%quality.
If I plug a cable from the rd out I get a picture.
Tried both scart and hdmi with the same resulting poor signal

Have you got anything that you can ensure that the scart connection is OK with? A DVD player? Or an old freeview receiver or VHS player? If you can get that working then you can switch the scart back to the 2000T with the aim of getting access to the 2000T's menus for HDMI format.

The scart cable was working with the DVD on another tv but didn't work with this tv.
Appears that the tv is the problem

Sorry if this appears silly but was your TV connected to an antenna when you used the HDMI cable? I'm sure I read somewhere that a TV got "upset" when it was disconnected from an antenna feed.

Martin

Been playing around with cables and finally got things going using the scary cable. No joy with the hdmi but am quite happy to stick with that for the moment until I'm a bit more familiar.
Thanks guys.

I wish I knew. Unplugging everything and starting from scratch seemed to sort it. Maybe I made mistakes in connection-words of one syllable means I'm not too good at these things. May be back later to try out the hdmi.

May be back later to try out the hdmi.
I don't envy you. I have had no issues with Humax HDR-FOX T2 and HDT-2000T's HDMI connecting to Samsung or Sony TVs and an HD-FOX T2 connecting to LG, Samsung or Sony. But there are reports of people having difficulty with older Samsung and Sony TVs and my impression is more issues with older Humax software.

What version of software is your 2000T? To look it up use MENU >> Settings >> System >> System Information. The software version is the 2nd white line down. Most people have UKTFAC 1.00.07 dated 12 SEP 2013. Are you lucky enough to have something more recent?

Your LG TV is a few years old and to get the HDMI to work you may need to adjust the 2000T to output in 720P although it is supposed to be able to accept some sources of 1080i and adjust down. For this you will need to keep the scart connection and then use the scart connection to adjust the 2000t's resolution setting to 720p. MENU >>> Settings >> Preferences >> Video >> Resolution

Back