Hello all... Help needed?

Vanvander

Hello everybody,

Just recently cancelled my sky subscription and I'm looking to get a freeview/youview box but the problem is there are so many different options out there and I'm not sure which to go with.

I've been looking at the following 3 boxes..

FVP 4000t
DTR T2000
HDR FOX T2

Can anybody advise the pros and cons and recommend a box I should go for? Doesn't have to be one of these 3?

It appears the t2 rates highly but my only concern is that it's a few years old now?

Thanks

The HDR-FOX T2 is a favourite because the hacker community have been able to "get inside". Unfortunately it is no longer available off the shelf, and you will be relying on picking up a second hand one.

All the units listed have forum sections, have a look-see. The FVP-4000T is the new kid on the block, so there are only first impressions, but it seems to have a lot going for it.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm leaning towards the FVP 4000T as its the newest one on the market.

What's your opinions on Youview? Should I stay clear now that freeview play is available.

I think a fair summary of the opinions expressed about YouView (not that I have any personal experience) is "it stinks". The problem is that YouView have specified an implementation which all manufacturers offering YouView boxes have to follow, which consequently does not allow for competitive evolution and refinement, and the specified implementation leaves much to be desired. (At least, that's what I have gathered.)

Back