hello

barrykap

Hi, I'm a long-term Humax user and three of my satboxes are Humax CI-8100's - yes quite ancient! But I also have the later models too including the Foxsat HDR. My problem is with the old CI-8100 models as I have over the years been adding S/H IDE drives to each one and filling them up with recordings. Now i have about a dozen HD's and wish now to try and copy the files onto my Windows 7 PC for possible playback/editing/archiving to DVD's,

I can fit each drive to my PC via a USB 'caddy affair' and my PC recognises the drive is there, but refuses to read it. It is shown in Computer Management but as an 'unrecognised drive' or something. I suspect this is because the file system is ext3 or maybe something else? I have downloaded Linux Reader and running that it shows the drive, but when I click on it, its says 'cannot read from drive' or something. So the question is, how do I copy the files from the hard disks over to my PC.

Many thanks if you can help,

Barry

Welcome Barry, but be aware that posting a technical question in the Introductions forum might not come to the attention of relevant interested parties. However, that said, it appears the Gods need to create a new category "Other Humax Satellite Products"!

It's anybody's guess what disk format a CI-8100 might be using, there are plenty to choose from or it might even be unique.

Welcome Barry, but be aware that posting a technical question in the Introductions forum might not come to the attention of relevant interested parties. However, that said, it appears the Gods need to create a new category "Other Humax Satellite Products"!

It's anybody's guess what disk format a CI-8100 might be using, there are plenty to choose from or it might even be unique.
Hi Black Hole.

Thanks for the welcome. That is precisely the problem I found when trying to find a suitable board to post this query in. There was nothing at all suitable so I assumed this section would suffice initially, thinking most people like to view the new members.

I am positive though, a long time ago, someone on one of the old Humax forums (maybe long gone now) solved this same file-copying problem. But I didn't then need to utilise it for myself. So it's possible that it IS possible. :)

If at all the new category board is introduced maybe you (or a mod) could copy this to the new board?

Many thanks.

Barry.

Back