Help Needed With Networking

Thanks; please confirm it's just the first data line of the set-up routine = IP Address that needs to be a different ending, not any of the next three (sub, gateway etc)

OK; that's sorted the conflict on the router and once again, I have run LAN set-up on Humax successfully BUT when I then try to enter TV Portal the Humax display says it's there, TV does nothing for a minute then on TV screen, not Humax display, I get a message saying Operation HumaxTVportal failed
Any further ideas?

No, the exact text appearing on the TV screen after about two minutes is:
An error occurred while launching the application https//www.humaxtvportal.com/
meanwhile the Humax display continues to scroll TV Portal as if all is going OK
Any thoughts gratefully received

Have you rebooted your box since receiving the error message? This is a common error message when setting up, and is usually sorted out by rebooting the box.

As said, it is a typical error message when first setting up, and can sometimes take a good few tries before it resolves, unless...

Are you trying to do this without an aerial connected?

One week later, and functionality has been intermittent at best, generally dropping off after 10 minutes or so.
Do you know what ethernet mbs input speed is needed for the Humax to function properly, as I'm reliant on Powerline plugs to get a hard-wired connection downstairs and I think the speed this rather old pair deliver may be a limiting factor?

how do you test the speed coming to the Humax / at the Humax end of the pipe?

I guess they are measuring the speed of the link into the router, anything (almost) on the other side of the router, e.g. in your house is going to be faster than that

Really? That's pretty slow isn't it?

It depends how much you want to pay for broadband. 2.5Mbps isn't fast enough for HiDef iPlayer, but it's fine for normal iPlayer and I have no interest in downloading movies. If I really want something on iPlayer in HiDef, I can still download them in slower than real time.

Back