Help with Custom Portal

loffler

I recently saw that there was an update to the custom portal 1.12-1 and when I tried to update, it failed stating a conflict with portal-xtra1 which I also had installed.
There was also an update for portal-xtra1 1.12.064.300-3 so I t ried to install that, which failed stating a conflict with custom portal.

I realised that I probably shouldnt have both installed but appears to be too late. I have removed both packages but I still cant install either package - I get the same conflict even after removing.

Is there a procedure to flush any remnants of old packages or a script to tidy up the custom firmware?
I have searched the forums and tried diag remove_portals but didnt appear to do anything.
I also found this in the wiki, but not sure its still valid or old: Custom_TV_Portal_Diag
What does this do, will it fix the conflict?

If I do ever get the conflict resolved, which one should I be using? I think its the newer portal-xtra1, please confirm.
Thanks

The remove_portals diagnostic should flush them both from the system. What happens when you try it?

You can install whichever you prefer. They are two alternative custom portals. The xtra1 doesn't currently work properly with a Humax firmware 1.03.06 though.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

If I do ever get the conflict resolved, which one should I be using?
Unless in a spirit of adventure, there is little point in using either. They used to be a route to Sky Player, but that is not a goer at the moment. The custom portals were more of a means to experiment with additional services, and in the absence of Sky Player IIRC the only "useful" experiment managed to display IP CCTV.

Where portal-xtra1 scores is as a short-cut to the existing services instead of having to pick from the TV Portal menu (once it loads).

I dont use the portal often apart from maybe youtube, but I like to tinker/experiment and dont like having things that dont work! I like to know why and fix them...

When I try and use the diag remove_portals, it doesnt say anything; just says its starting and thats its finished, no other output.
Im not sure im using it right though. I am just going to diagnostics page and putting remove_portals in the blank box under the drop bown box and hitting run diagnostic button.
Do I enter "diag remove_portals" or only "remove_portals" in the box?

I notice there is a force install button, would it be worth trying that?
I have also read up about "fix-flash-packages" and "cpdiag" - either of them help at all?
Thanks

FYI
I am on firmware 1.02.32 mod 2.19
I dont think I will be going to 1.03.06 till it is officially released by Humax for my old machine.

You should see some output from that diagnostic. Sounds like you're doing the right thing though. I would try it from the command line 'diag remove_portals' to be sure.

Back