Help with HumaxRW / HumaxCheck please

Ant

Hi all,

I took the plunge and pulled the HD out of my 9300 to transfer the large backlog of recordings so I could wipe the disk to try and get over an issue with some 'blank' recordings I have had recently.

I am now having trouble reading anything from it when trying to retrieve the recordings with HumaxRW. I keep getting permission denied errors, and unable to write to disk messages.

I have logged on as admin, confirmed that I have the correct device number, tried to run HumaxCheck to repair the partition, tried from Windows 7, Vista, Ubuntu, a number of different caddys (as well as direct), but all to no avail.

I figure I've trashed it completely, but before giving up, is there anything else I can try?

The 9300 is up and running with another disk now without any issues.

Any advice gratefully receieved!

Thanks

Ant

I am now having trouble reading anything from it when trying to retrieve the recordings with HumaxRW. I keep getting permission denied errors, and unable to write to disk messages.

I have logged on as admin, confirmed that I have the correct device number, tried to run HumaxCheck to repair the partition, tried from Windows 7, Vista, Ubuntu, a number of different caddys (as well as direct), but all to no avail.
Under Vista and windows 7 you need not only to be looged on as administrator but to run as administrator. I do this by going Start>All programs>Accessories and then rather than clicking on Command prompt, right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator"; see if that helps. Also humaxcheck needs a -w command line option otherwise it defaults to read only mode.

...or you can enter the run command 'cmd' and press Ctrl|Shift|Enter together. With the time you save you can start rewatching those old recordings of 'Bonekickers'.:)

Thanks Martin, a real case of RTFM. Fixed the partition and the FAT errors, transferring off those Bonekicker episodes as we speak.
Ant

Back