Help with RMA please

Ned Ludd

I've followed the instructions to prep my box for a return to Humax but may have a problem left. I used the RMA button to delete all the uploaded software and I have re-installed the latest firmware and all appears to have been successful.
I've reformatted the storage and it shows my disk as having 20gigs used and 70gigs reserved. Everything else appears to be OK. Is this normal or do I need to do something else?

The disk figures are weird, but otherwise you've done what you need to do. I wouldn't worry.

Given that there is nothing on the disk, you don't think that the weird disk figures will give me away to Humax then?

If you are really bothered about it, you will have to reinstall the CF and dig into it via Telnet. A security erase will be your best bet - but you could try another menu reformat first.

All Humax are likely to do is reformat the disk themselves, and if that doesn't work, replace it.

Out of curiosity: why is it going back?

It keeps losing signal to the TV! I can change channel OK but there is no output to the TV.
Also, it often comes up with "No signal" so will not record.
An on/off from the remote usually recovers it from either of them.

Following contact with Humax I have reformatted the drive to see if that makes any difference.
But, I have to run it 'clean' now to see if the problems persist.

They don't look weird to me - they're what I would expect on a blank disk.

Used is always: <used space on recording partition in GiB> + (20GiB - <current size of TSR buffer)
Reserved is an artificial figure calculated as <drive reported size in GB> - <recording partition size in GiB> + 20 (it hides the difference between gigabytes and gibibytes as well as double counting the TSR buffer.)

Lots more information at http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/insufficient-disk-space-for-what.5097/page-3#post-65581 onwards if you're particularly interested.

You're right, they don't look weird at all. I misread them.

As for the other problems, you should try a factory reset Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> [PIN - "0000" by default] >> Factory Default, and if that doesn't cure it - it's broken.

Ahhh, thanks guys!
I was beginning to think that something had been left behind by the CF and it's bits.
So, nothing for me to be concerned about then.:)

Thanks for that!
Just done the flush and the numbers remain as before. So, if I do have to return the box, I now know that I have left no traces!

Many thanks each! :cheers:

Back