Help

Bateria72

Hello I have problem with my humax, after upgrade screen starting turning on I see on TV words Freesat Humax after few seconds tv going black and start again. I don't know what happened. I already tried reset receiver by unplug from power cord leave for few minutes and plug back in. But unfortunately still the same. I attach photos of label with serial number etc. And photo of screen tv. Please about some help and quick answer.
Thank you

20230215_230531.jpg335952103_726995595815990_3754275321703321136_n.jpg20230215_230531.jpg335952103_726995595815990_3754275321703321136_n.jpg20230215_225931.jpg

Last edited:
You post is not clear. Are you saying the "Freesat Humax" splash screen keeps popping up as if on a loop? If so, how did you get the picture of the "software update" screen... when does that appear?

If so, how did you get the picture of the "software update" screen... when does that appear?
Looking at the words at the bottom it looks like it was there after the update but before restarting. So he must have snapped it then, before it started cycling.

Begs the question - why resurrect it?
I think BH was commenting on the absence of any quick response (from the OP or anyone else) which I only twigged when I noticed the dates after posting myself. I originally read BH's post differently.

Why sign up and go to some trouble asking for help, then bugger off?
It amazes me how common it is around various technical fora. I suspect it's people who ask on multiple sites and once they get an answer are too idle/selfish/inconsiderate to revisit the others with an update.
So pretty normal really.

It amazes me how common it is around various technical fora. I suspect it's people who ask on multiple sites and once they get an answer are too idle/selfish/inconsiderate to revisit the others with an update.
So pretty normal really.
The question was asked on another forum within an hour of the OP first posting.

Martin Liddle did explain to the poster that if they were updating the software via the USB port then they needed to remove the USB memory stick when the update has completed. The OP did not reply to Martin's helpful post, only to someone else's post.

Martin Liddle did explain to the poster that if they were updating the software via the USB port then they needed to remove the USB memory stick when the update has completed.
That's the obvious answer and I wondered about it on second reading, but wasn't sure whether the update might be an Internet process.

So pretty normal really.
Agreed, I've come up with solutions on the Ubuntu forum and only been replied to/ thanked once. Very bad form but as you say, common. Sad really.

I currently have one solution to a forum OP's question. I posted 5/6 days later asking if it was solved, the reply came saying he would get around to it sometime. Meanwhile two weeks later......
Makes you wonder if it's worth the bother. At least on this forum an answer or reply is almost guaranteed even if the response is not what you expect. ;)

Back