Hi from a newbie...!

Camarilla

Just (last Sunday) bought my first Humax. My old Toppy died just before the Wimbledon final, but a quick Sunday morning trip to Currys got me an HDR-2000T. I was upsold a pair of TPLink Powerline adaptors as well. I installed the Hummy in time for the first game and. as an unexpected bonus, we got to watch Federer and Djokovic in HD! Set up the Ethenet connection after the match and watched it all again on iPlayer! It all went so much better and easier than I could possibly have expected. Family (and me) delighted.
Now to read about Custom Firmware...

Thanks for the quick reply. Aah - that's a blow... Might it be any time soon?
Looks like I may have to find another hobby to fill the gap, while I wait...

Ah, Martin, things were going so well for her...

Welcome to the forums. Any questions just fire away we will be happy to help.

Many answers can be found by reading the wiki. A link to which is at the top of this page.

Edit: We cross posted, sorry. I don't think the CF (custom firmware) will be arriving any time soon, if at all, to be honest.

Do we have a poll anywhere of what Humax boxes we have at least one of? It would be interesting to know. The feeling I get is that most of us tilt towards the older boxes. Is there much expertise in the new ones?

Most of the shortcomings of the 2000T could be fixed with Custom Firmware, so I think there would be a big take-up of it if the CFW was available, fingers crossed for an hdf file becoming available in the future

Most of the shortcomings of the 2000T could be fixed with Custom Firmware, so I think there would be a big take-up of it if the CFW was available, fingers crossed for an hdf file becoming available in the future
It will never give it a screen though unfortunately. Might be able to do something with the LEDs to give better indication of recording but that's probably about it.

Ah, Martin, things were going so well for her...

Welcome to the forums. Any questions just fire away we will be happy to help.

Many answers can be found by reading the wiki. A link to which is at the top of this page.

Edit: We cross posted, sorry. I don't think the CF (custom firmware) will be arriving any time soon, if at all, to be honest.

On Sunday I was the seagull - today the statue.
Shame about the firmware. I'll head over to the HDR-2000T bit of the forum.
Thanks to everyone for all your interest & support...

Back