Home Screen Has Changed

Noticed the Home Screen has changed recently but before this change, I could move the position of the apps but it doesn't seem to have this option anymore unless I've missed it.
There also doesn't seem to be an option to remove any apps, only add them.

On the Home or Apps screens scroll to an app and long press on it. A context menu appears with a move option. Choose it and the app gets a white boundary and will move using the control pad arrows. When in position press OK.
On the Home screen it's a one-and-done function, so you repeat that process for another app.
On the Apps screen the move function is latched on, so after OK-ing the first position you can move to another app and click-move-click, then the next, etc ... . When done press the Back button to end the move function.

I didn't notice about removing apps (and I've turned it all off now), but there may be that option on the menu(s). Note there are more items to choose in the Apps context menu than the Home, so if it's not on the latter check the former.

I haven’t noticed any change in my home page.

Do you have a photo of what it looks like, maybe it’s a phased roll out?

Don't know why, but I thought it had changed. Reading the manual, it looks the same as the manual........
I had a similar experience a month or two back with the TV - also Android and very similar Home screen. I put it down to the ever changing Android system where each update adds/removes/changes/moves functions at the whim of the developers. And device manufacturers (we have Android phones and tablets too) love to muck around in there as well.

Or I might just have mis-remembered how I did it last time :dunno:
Sometimes I Google for a pointer but as often as not the results are from a year or few ago and it has changed ... again.

I haven’t noticed any change in my home page.

Do you have a photo of what it looks like, maybe it’s a phased roll out?
My Home page has now changed from what is shown in the manual.
This is why I was getting confused.
I don't know why it has changed again where it is not showing the app icons down the left hand side of the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_7400.jpg
    IMG_7400.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 10
where it is not showing the app icons down the left hand side of the screen.
I don't remember it ever showing that.
Are you sure that's not an option you chose which has been removed by a later update?

As I said above, all this stuff is subject to 'revision' every so often, depending on Google and the device manufacturer's schedules. All you can do is roll with it as you have worse than lottery odds of actually changing or affecting it (unless you disconnect from the internet ... but then the apps won't work, so ....... ).

My Home page has now changed from what is shown in the manual.
This is why I was getting confused.
I don't know why it has changed again where it is not showing the app icons down the left hand side of the screen.
This is how mine has looked from day one ....

The only time mine will look different is if I do a long press of the Apps button, then you get a very basic layout.

Back