How can I change the initial listing in the EPG

Psion444

How can I change the initial listing in the EPG so that the HD programmes I normally watch are displayed?
It seems a trivial thing but it would be great if it could be done.

You can set up a Favourites list and select that to be displayed on the EPG
Webif and STB via remote can have same or different lists selected

You can also renumber channels with Renumber package

You can also renumber channels with Renumber package

But the initial list (on the box) always has the currently viewed channel at the top of the page.

But the initial list (on the box) always has the currently viewed channel at the top of the page.
It would be nice if the current channel were displayed in the middle of the screen so that if I am currently viewing channel Five I could see 1-5 on the EPG without needing to scroll the display but AFAIK there is no way for the custom firmware to alter the appearance of the standard on screen UI.

I tend to use the webif EPG more often than the Humax EPG since it doesn't interfere with those watching programs.

but be aware that if you add/change Favourites they will not be updated for either the WebIf or Remote Schedule packages

I'm not sure why you are saying that changes made to a Favourites list 'on-screen' won't be updated in the Web-If EPG or the Remote Schedule EPG, they will. The Web-If EPG will be updated to include Favourites changes instantly, while changes to the Remote Schedule EPG will take a little longer as the info. is only sent periodically, however you can force an update to the RS EPG by sending a Web-If >> Diagnostics >> rs/chanpush

I too have this difficulty. After installing web-if I thought that creating a new favourites with all the channels I watch in it would make the epg more usable for me.
Unfortunately it does as other posters have reported.

Ezra, I contributed to the above thread stating my difficulty, however there was no response as to how to I could possibly correct it.
Although I do not know how Web-If updates the favourites, I have found in the RSVSYNC log that there is a problem with restoring favourites, ie, the fav table is not found.
I have tried the rs/chanpush but it does not fix the problem for me.

Wasn't that a problem with renaming a Favourites list to "'Faves" or "Fav" ? I assumed that this problem would not exist if the renaming had not occured, I added a new channel to my Favorites list (called MY-TV) and the new channel immediately appeared in the Web-If EPG screen, not even requiring a re-boot, however I did have to use rs/chanpush to speed up the RS EPG

Last edited:
The problems with the Favourites list appears to be related to Renaming the lists - it works for me in Web-If, TV UI and RS using an un-renamed Favourite 1 list.

Thanks everyone for the guidance. I'm delighted that my difficulty was of interest to so many people.
Thanks again,
Psion444

The problems with the Favourites list appears to be related to Renaming the lists - it works for me in Web-If, TV UI and RS using an un-renamed Favourite 1 list.
It still works if you re-name your Favorites List, as stated in #9 I have re-named mine to MY-TV, there may be a problem using "Faves" or "Fav" because they are reserved keywords

Unfortunately I think my database has become confused. I did rename one of my favourites to All Favs and, from reading this thread, that may be where my problem lies.
I have rebuilt my favourites but still get the same result and, although I do not use All Favs anymore, it still appears as an option in the settings for the EPG in both WebIf and RS though not on the Humax.
Is there anyway I can 'reset' the favs table and start again?
All though I freely admit I do not know what I am looking at, the TBL_FAV seems odd to me (see attached) - I appear to have eFavGroups 1, 2, 4 and 8 and the indexing starts at 73 and ends at 107.

Attachments

• TBL_FAV.pdf
    124.2 KB · Views: 13
I have still not resolved this problem. I have done a factory reset and, although the indexing has been reset, I am still unable to set the epg on WebIf and RS to the groups correctly. Eg, if I chose MyTV (efavgroup 16) I get a blank epg. I have attached a pdf of my current set up from channel.db - any assistance would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• channel-db.pdf
    206.7 KB · Views: 7
Back