how can I change the ITV region?

.Luke

When I initially setup my hd fox t2 I was asked to select which ITV region I wanted either
ITV South (south-west) or
ITV South (south)
I chose the wrong one and now when I watch the local news I get the weather forecast for a different part of the ITV south region.
I chose the factory default option in the menus and installed from scratch but it didn't ask me to chose my ITV region.

How can I change the ITV region?

You could perform a manual tune to select the appropriate transmitter for the ITV region that you require.

I tried that. The only way I can tell if it worked is by watching the news again tomorrow.

You need to identify which transmitter you wish to receive from. Full background and information is available HERE (click), section 2.

You can at least identify the multiplex you wish to avoid by viewing the ITV service. Press "OK" and you will get a service list on-screen, with the current service highlighted. Press "i" and an information panel will show specific data for the current multiplex, you are interested in the channel number "Ch##".

When you access the transmitter information as instructed, you will be able to eliminate the transmitter than includes that multiplex and then note another relevant transmitter for performing the manual retune. If you are prepared to reveal your postcode we will be able to advise further.

My postcode is BH6 5ER.
The strange thing is if I watch ITV in SD on channel 3 I get the weather for the Bournemouth area but if I watch ITV in HD on channel 51 I get weather for the South West.

My postcode is BH6 5ER.
The strange thing is if I watch ITV in SD on channel 3 I get the weather for the Bournemouth area but if I watch ITV in HD on channel 51 I get weather for the South West.
This is probably correct, as there are only a few ITV regional areas available in HD. You will receive the nearest one for your area.

If you try to watch local news / weather on BBC1HD you just get told regional broadcasts are not currently supported!

Are your StDef regional broadcasts OK? If so don't worry about it.

Back