How can I get it to work in France?

Pangz

I have a Humax Foxsat HD box that I am able to use to watch UK television in France, having directed my dish at the Sky satellite from France (Alps). However, I hae recently bought an HDR-Fox T2 Freeview recorder as I wanted to be able to record as well, but when I plug it in, it only finds French TV channels. Does anyone know how I can get this new box to pick up UK TV and Radio channels? Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

I have a Humax Foxsat HD box that I am able to use to watch UK television in France, having directed my dish at the Sky satellite from France (Alps). However, I hae recently bought an HDR-Fox T2 Freeview recorder as I wanted to be able to record as well, but when I plug it in, it only finds French TV channels. Does anyone know how I can get this new box to pick up UK TV and Radio channels?
I very much doubt that you will be able get an HDR-FOX T2 to do anything much with UK television in France; what you need is a FOXSAT-HDR (the R in HDR signifying recording capability) or the newer HDR-1000S (although that is still suffering from some teething problems).

You will only be able to pick up UK terrestrial TV if you are within range of the UK transmitters and not swamped by the local transmitters. In practical terms that means only close to the north coast, your aerial has to point in the right direction, and I'm not sure but I imagine the transmitter footprint in the UK is designed not to bleed into the continent.

What you actually need is a recording satellite receiver, ie the Foxsat HDR.

Is this a mis-post? I'm struggling to believe the OP has bought a terrestrial receiver without realising.

If you actually have a FoxsatHDR, I believe you will need to give it a UK postcode for the regional feeds you wish to receive.

I hae recently bought an HDR-Fox T2 Freeview recorder as I wanted to be able to record as well, but when I plug it in, it only finds French TV channels. Does anyone know how I can get this new box to pick up UK TV and Radio channels?
Move it to the UK. How else do you expect it to pick up terrestrial channels?

OK so this wasn't a mispost or some sort of joke, I am just clearly not as technologically advanced as others.. So I am sending the HDR-Fox T2 back and looking to replace it with something that is functional!

Am I to understand that the Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Digital TV Recorder will do the trick?!

Yes. It's the recording version of what you had before.

The HDR-FOX only records what you can get on a digital TV from a normal aerial.

Back