How do I find the episode I'm currently watching?

Member 7823

I'm watching a series of back to back episodes on auto play which is great
I'm at the end of episode 5/12
I want to stop now

On TiVo I click the back button and it takes me directly back to the list view and highlighting the episode I'm currently watching where I can delete it with one click and 4 more clicks delete the 4 previous episodes

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

I don't know the FVP-4000T specifically, but on the HD- & HDR-FOX there is a flag on unwatched recordings in the media list.

That's what I meant by a "flag". Seems clear enough to me!
Ummmmm you mean in the detail panel - I was thinking of an indicator you can see when you're scanning in list view rather than selecting 25 individual episodes one-by-one

But just another thing I need to get used to

You've only shown us a summary panel and what you call a detail panel. Doesn't the recording list have thumbnails with the "new" flag as well? HDR-FOX does.

The fact is there are many things about the FVP-4000T that appear to be a retrograde step to those of us used to the HDR-FOX, just as there are things about the HDR-FOX we have had to get used to. The typical retail purchaser would just accept it as "that's just how it is", but the rest of us think "ye gods, I'm not getting one of those".

(PS: Do we really need to know you are posting using Tapatalk from your GEM-702L?)

It doesn't seem to have a list view at all. just a folder view

https://goo.gl/photos/Wa4hJq4uwKHJ9U4n9

So those flashes indicate "new" recordings(not watched) , I thought they indicated "new" (to air) series

My problem is going to be when I've watch 5/30 episodes of come dine and I can't see which ones to delete

Also discovered that if we watch them as series play (one after the other) then they still have the "new" flash in the detail pane?

Also with come dine there's quite often 10 or 15 episodes on the same day so even the date didn't help - ditto with judge Judy, ditto medical detectives and ditto a lot of crap we like

I'll just make sure we go top down

I'll also download a book for the Fox which might give me a clue

I understand that Humax are recruiting s panel to help develop the 4000 when in fact all they need to do is use the bloody thing :eek:)

It doesn't seem to have a list view at all. just a folder view
https://goo.gl/photos/Wa4hJq4uwKHJ9U4n9
The list view is the list of recording dates on the left hand side.
So those flashes indicate "new" recordings(not watched) , I thought they indicated "new" (to air) series
Yes they show unwatched recordings, you thought wrong.
My problem is going to be when I've watch 5/30 episodes of come dine and I can't see which ones to delete
I can't see what your problem is there, but you could try doing what I do, watch a recording then delete it.
Also discovered that if we watch them as series play (one after the other) then they still have the "new" flash in the detail pane?
I don't know about that, because it's a feature I don't use, and can't see the point of.
Also with come dine there's quite often 10 or 15 episodes on the same day so even the date didn't help - ditto with judge Judy, ditto medical detectives and ditto a lot of crap we like

I'll just make sure we go top down
Just click on the date on the left to see if you have watched a recording.
I'll also download a book for the Fox which might give me a clue
I'm sure that won't help.
I understand that Humax are recruiting s panel to help develop the 4000 when in fact all they need to do is use the bloody thing :eek:)
Perhaps you should register your interest in the trial.

That sounds like a bug.
I have tried turning on "Series Play", and can confirm that the box behaves as I would expect. The watched recordings no longer have "New" flags, which makes it easy to see which ones to delete.

I have tried turning on "Series Play", and can confirm that the box behaves as I would expect. The watched recordings no longer have "New" flags, which makes it easy to see which ones to delete.
Yes I can confirm it does work correctly

Not sure what I did but I guess I deleted the new ones instead of the ones I watched -hence my post
I think I'll be ok
I do like the box and the pictures is wonderful and every time I see a problem I remember I'm saving £30 month
It's also positively tiny compared with my TiVo which is great

Back