How do I play .TS files copied to my PC on my Humax?

DaRKPLACE

I've seen a lot of postings doing this the other way; i.e playing HUMAX files on a PC, however nothing in doing this the other way; playing HUMAX files from a PC/NAS to the HUMAX.

I have transferred some files (using the FTP client) to my PC as my PC has much more storage than my HUMAX.

When I connect using DNLA to my Windows 8 box from my HUMAX I can play all videos that are MP4 but cannot play any that the HUMAX originally recorded!

I get a "Cannot support this file format"

This is infuriating as the Humax made this file in the first place! If I copy the file back to the HUMAX everything works dandy!!!

Sorry for such an obvious question but I cannot find anywhere where there is an answer for this?! I assume other people must be doing this to NAS devices or some such?? So assuming they are having this issue too!?

Anyway thanks in advance.

When you copied the files from your HDR FOX T2 to your PC did you just copy the .ts video and audio file or did you include the .hmt and .nts sidecar files ? If so either delete them or rename them so they have a different name. The .hmt contains a entry detailing the filepath of the .ts file which will now be wrong because you have moved the files. If you want the full navigation capability of native recordings AV2HDR-T2 will recreate the sidecar files for you with the correct file path. Alternatively you could patch the original .hmt

I have transferred some files (using the FTP client) to my PC as my PC has much more storage than my HUMAX.

When I connect using DNLA to my Windows 8 box from my HUMAX I can play all videos that are MP4 but cannot play any that the HUMAX originally recorded!

I get a "Cannot support this file format"
All recordings on the HDR-FOX T2 are encrypted. Copying via FTP does not in itself decrypt them. Have you checked that the recordings are decrypted by playing any of them on the PC?

The files are decrypted by the custom firmware plug in - there is no enc icon which i assume means the file is not encrypted.

I have tried removing the extra files other than the .ts file with no success.

I will confirm i can play the files on the computer

Lack of "Enc" means it is not protected against decryption, not that it is decrypted.

The lack of "Enc" does not mean the recordings are not encrypted - this is an unfortunate consequence of the icons Humax chose for the user interface which we had little choice but to adopt in the custom firmware web interface (for consistency). "Enc" means that the recording is protected - ie not available for decryption. Only HiDef recordings will show "Enc" in the first place. Removing "Enc" is a pre-requisite for decryption, and when decrypted the WebIF will show a "Dec" icon.

Please read this carefully (also available as a link from Things Every... section 5): http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-fox-t2-recordings-with-plex-media-server.2003/#post-25775

Last edited:
But it can't be encrypted if...
I will confirm i can play the files on the computer

That statement seems to be open to interpretation...
do you mean that you
"have confirmed that you can play" i.e. definitely can play
or
"you will confirm whether you can play" i.e. you need to go and check

I took the "will" to imply future action. There is no mention of the files playing on the PC in post 1, and of course moving the recording back to the Humax will mean it plays (provided the sidecar files remain intact).

Ha ha the wiles of the english language.

Thanks for the help. I am decrypting everything right now and will report back!!

I can report back that the files were indeed encrypted. Thanks very much for helping me with this. I feel such a fool! :)

Crumbs Trev! Were you on the night shift or off to the little boy's room and couldn't resist a shuftie at the thread?

Back