How do I put recordings into folders

AlanB

I have some individual recordings that I'd like to group into a folder, e.g., all films into a Film folder. I've successfully created a folder, but all my attempts to move a recording into it have failed. How can I do this?

I have some individual recordings that I'd like to group into a folder, e.g., all films into a Film folder. I've successfully created a folder, but all my attempts to move a recording into it have failed. How can I do this?
Hilight the recording, Press the Opt+ button, select move, select the device (only necessary if you have attached storage), press right arrow, then select the folder (NB do not enter the folder) and then press Red to do the move.

Hilight the recording, Press the Opt+ button, select move, select the device (only necessary if you have attached storage), press right arrow, then select the folder (NB do not enter the folder) and then press Red to do the move.

Thanks. I now see I should have been able to work that out for myself, but didn't :-(

You can save yourself some trouble by moving recordings as a group. With the files listed on screen, press red to select each one you want in the group, and then the Opt+ move option will move them all in one go.

Back